Sony KV28FX65 Cabinet/Stand

Discussion in 'AV Stands, Cabinets, Seating & Furniture' started by Gliese 581c, Feb 15, 2002.

1. Gliese 581c

Gliese 581c

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +574
    I was going to buy and I'm still intending to buy the Sony KV28fx65 but the stand is something of a mystery to me....Why oh why is there only 1 shelf ? Stupid design..........anyway...my question is.....Can you buy a different stand for the tv ? Or if any1 knows where to get the tv without the stand that would be great.

Thanks

2. simon1

simon1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    Sony will not supply stands full stop. I argued for ages with them. Your only chance is to find a helpful dealer who may have a spare from a customer who hadn't required the stand for their 28dx40 tv (this is the only alternative stand, it is very nice).

Or you might find someone on the forums, willing to sell you a stand, if they haven't needed it for whatever reason.

I wanted to get hold of the dx40 stand for my 32" fx65. I was lucky and someone responded to my enquiry. Had to make a 400 mile round trip to collect it though.

I wish you luck.

Can not understand why Sony choose to supply a better, more attractive stand with the cheaper idtv set. To rub salt in to the wounds they even supply a better remote with the dx40 idtv. It makes no sense at all.

3. Gliese 581c

Gliese 581c

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +574
    Thanks for your reply and information..I will look at trying to get the alternative stand that you mentioned.

Yes, I cant understand Sony at all in this matter..oh well...

Thanks again