1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony KV28FX20 / KV32FX20 service menu settings

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by fatbob, Aug 31, 2003.

1. fatbob

fatbob
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi guys,

Is there anybody out there that owns a Sony KV28FX20 (or the KV32FX20) that can quote me the following settings from the "picture adjustment" screen in the service menu.

GREEN DRIVE
    BLUE DRIVE
    GREEN CUTOFF
    BLUE CUTOFF

I've noticed recently on my Sony KV28FX20 that on some broadcasts (and dvds) there is sometimes a slight green tint in the picture.

A little while back, I was in the service menu and tweaked the geometry. I also had a look in the "picture adjustment" menu, but not having a colour analyser, I didn't make any adjustments in that menu, but now I'm wondering if I did leave something wrongly adjusted without realising.

Thanks in advance,

Bob.

2. Orbitalzone

Orbitalzone

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +43
    OK here are my settings for my KV28FX20.... if you have a 32" model I doubt the settings will be close enough but for a 28" it should be pretty close.

These are the default values, hope it helps:

Green Drive: 31
    Blue Drive: 29
    Green Cutoff: 8
    Blue Cutoff: 8

I have a fairly low contrast, brightness and colour setting so I'd advise you to set your TV up in a darkened room with a good input signal. Remember that using an RGB source will not allow colour adjustment on the user control menu. You might want to try using RGB then composite signals and make sure it looks good on both (or all 3 if using Svideo)

Good Luck!

I have noted most of my other settings should you need any more!

:smashin:

3. nathan_silly

nathan_silly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Don't touch CUTOFF or DRIVE settings- this does not effect colour levels.. it will mess up greyscale.

Initially it'll look OK- but you'll then need to adjust Blue Drive/Cutoff. Then you'll then need to adjust Red Drive/Cutoff.

I've tried to correct the red adjustment.. adjust one and it'll affect the others, which in turn will effect the other two. I had to put them back to original settings.

If you do mess around with the settings- MAKE SURE YOU WRITE THE ORIGINAL SETTINGS DOWN.

If you need to adjust Green/Red/Blue colour- you'll need to go into the colour decoder adjustment- this is different to DRIVE & CUTOFF settings.

4. fatbob

fatbob
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the help guys,

My settings where the same as Orbitalzone's, except for the blue drive, which was set to 7 instead of 8, so hopefully that explains the slight green tint.

I've adjusted the blue drive to 8, and noticed that when I play back a greyscale testpattern, the very subtle green shift doesn't seem to be noticeable.

Cheers,

Bob.