1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony KV28EW20

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by monkeychicken, Feb 4, 2003.

1. monkeychicken

monkeychicken

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello

Can anybody point me in the direction of a review or information on this set, I'm presuming it's a ls35 in a fx66 cabinet or a DX40 without the dvb. Only guessing though.

It's not listed on the Sony website so I'm wondering is it a really new set or an old modeal??

Any help appreciated.

Regards

MC

2. Rookies

Rookies

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +344
    Where did you find out about this modle? As I not come accross it before

3. monkeychicken

monkeychicken

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    These are the people who have it...

Currys
    Comet
    Empire
    ..and my local Panasonic/Sony dealer who appear to be top notch and are offering to match the other peoples prices...and they have them in stock.

In the pictures it looks like a dx40

Ta

MC

4. Rookies

Rookies

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +344
    Me think it could be a old tv as i just seen it on Comet website and it a 50 hz tv. And the picture could be incorrect but I aint sure

5. monkeychicken

monkeychicken

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Anybody else....???

My Local Yokel dealer have got one in stock so I'll be through to visit them at the weekend, just trying for a few facts/specs before I see it.

I'm stuck in the dilema of buy the 28EW20 and a sound/dvd system or get the 28fx66 and just go the whole hog on the telly.

MC

6. ZenmasteR

ZenmasteR

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    its a NEW model
    its basically a LS35 in a DX40/FX66 box

tbh I suggest investing in the FX66 if you take your picture quality seriously

7. jammods

jammods

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Monkeychicken did you buy this set? The local Sony dealer here is selling it for £799 inc 305dvd and a video and 5 year warranty

8. unseenreal

unseenreal

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I recently bought a KV28LS35 from KK Electronics www.kkelectronics.co.uk. Excellent company to deal with and very good prices e.g. for your TV and DVD, both items about £575 plus delivery or you can collect from London. Also check out www.electricaldiscountuk.co.uk as they have 3yrs guarantee also.

The EW20 is exactly the same internals (Sony Centre told me) as the LS35.

My thoughts on the LS35 are excellent picture and sound for the money (I paid £450). I couldn't see a huge difference between 50 and 100Hz(KV28LS60) although if it wasn't for the voice of reason (my wife) I would have probably spent another £100-150 on the LS60. I wasn't sure at 1st but the TV has grown on me a lot. Basically nicelooking, very good picture and sound. The picture quality seems to depend a lot on the source e.g. a good Sky broadcast or DVD in RGB I can't fault with but some programs don't look anything special and DVDs seem to vary in perceived quality quite a bit as well (although I haven't watched loads as yet).

Anyway, hope this helps and good luck with your choosing.

UR