Sony kv28dl10 - any good and where to buy?

finlab

Standard Member
After reading a fair bit I think this is the tv for me. Cheapest I can find using google is £444 delivered from dixons.
Any comments from people having used this tv and also any ideas where I can get a deal (surely dixons arent the cheapest).
Thanks

chrisbin

Do you mean the KD ????

This was well reviewed end of last year and I think looks like a nice piece of kit. However the last review of IDTV's I saw reckoned that the Panasonic pipped it.

Personally I prefer the Sony styling.

For price I'd agree that you would have thought that somewhere else would be cheaper, but not everyone seems to carry this model.

Try Kelkoo?

Hope that helps (a bit)!!

finlab

Standard Member
Thanks, edited.
Through google, kelkoo, pricerunner etc dixons are cheapest. Hoping that someone here will know of a retailer off the beaten track.

deckard

Standard Member
Just got mine last week. Top telly, great Freeview picture and also through s-video from my DVD, sound less inspiring though.

Got mine from Empire Direct for around £450 after looking around, so that's a good price you've found.

deckard

Standard Member
Yes, but it's variable according to the TV's volume setting as I found out.

If you want to use it you can disable the TV's internal speakers through a menu then set the TV's volume on full allowing you to control volume from your amp, or you could set your amp's volume then control it from the TV's volume if you wished.

Frankie_D

Hi finlab,

Its also worth noting that a new version of the dl10, the dl11 is coming out in july with 'improved sound and design', so you could get the current one cheaper in a couple of months or get the new one at probably the same price.

Frank

Frankie_D

Hi again, the picture in that article is of the nx200 not the dl11, im checking google everyday for more details/pictures as im in the same boat as you but no news yet.

finlab

Standard Member
Turned out I couldnt wait. Got it for £424 delivered from Currys using an voucher. I bought it on barclaycard so I'll get back money if the price drops.

finlab

Standard Member
No, down for delivery this weekend hopefully. Could be the week after though (had to give 3 delivery date options)

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: REL T9/X Subwoofer + Bowers & Wilkins PI7 Reviews, AV Shows in a Pandemic and more
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom