1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony KV-M2531U intermittent colour problem

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by guires, Mar 23, 2004.

1. guires

guires

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My old 25" Sony has recently been relegated (or should that be promoted?) to the games room for playing the PS2 on. The move has highlighted a fault wherby the colour goes on/off on a regular basis - which can be confusing when playing PES3! (I have actually rectified the PS2 colour situation by using an old PS1 Scart cable but I now get the 'green screen' when watching DVD-R's through the PS2)

The TV is fine when the PS2 (or any other input) is connected via the SCART socket but not when switched to watch tv or an input (e.g. video camera) is plugged directly to front panel S-Video. (I was blissfully unaware of the problem when this was my main tv since it was fed from a SCART-connected freeview box)

I'm sure it can't be much (famous last words!) and I'm up for a bit of DIY fixing so I'm looking for some advice as to what I can check.

I've looked on the net for Service Manuals but it would appear that unless a username/password for the official Sony service site is available then I'm going to be struggling to a get a proper Service Manual to help me out.

Any ideas anyone, either with practical tips or where I could find a service manual ?

Regards

Dave

2. r.vernon1

r.vernon1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +127
    Does anyone know how to tune this telly in? I can't seem to find a menu button on the remote.

Rob