1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony Kv-m1420u/kv-m1421u

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls' started by Cynthia 7, Apr 12, 2005.

1. Cynthia 7

Cynthia 7

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    A couple of months ago I said I had the manual for the above television. It uses the remote control RM694.

Sorry for the long wait but it has just surfaced from a pile of magazines! If anyone wants any information, please let me know.

2. goldenchoppers

goldenchoppers

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Cythia , i have read your posting about the sony kv-m1421u tv , and i was wondering if you could help me . I have just aquired the sony tv but i cannot tune the thing in ,does it need a remote to do this ? as unfortunately it did not come with one. any help at all i would be v grateful thank you Francis O'Neill :thumbsup:

3. Cynthia 7

Cynthia 7

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Francis,

I have just found your email. via AV Forums, in my inbox. I shall reply but in case that goes astray I will also reply here.

Unfortunately you do need the remote control to programme this. I have just looked at the manual and it says "the control buttons to preset channels are located on the Remote Commander." I can willingly send you a copy of the manual, free of charge, if you decide to buy a replacement remote. It is a difficult tv to preset the channels (I well remember!). These 14" Sony portables seem to go on forever. They were 1990 vintage. Ours is in daily use in the kitchen and on for about 5 hrs each day. The best set top aerial for this, we have found, is the Telecam amplified indoor aerial from Argos £19.99.

I looked at http://www.avukltd.com/remotecontrolsearch and you can get one for £14.45, free shipping. I have bought a Panasonic remote from this firm so I know they are reputable. Click on the above website and Click on "Sony" then they have a scrolling list of televisions. Look for the television KVM1420U as the manual and remote both control KVM1420U, KVM1421U and KVM1420L.
    Best wishes Francis.
    Cynthia

I will e-mail you direct but i

4. Cynthia 7

Cynthia 7

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  5. Gib

Gib

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Cynthia

I have just searched for info on the Sony kvm1420u and come across your posting. I have the telly and the rem but cannot intuitively work out how to tune it.
    Do you still have the manual and are willing to send a copy?

As I have just joined the forum I am not sure how it works.
    Do I give you my email address, or do you reply via the forum?
    Many thanks for any help you can give.

Gib Weir

6. LFCRules

LFCRules

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +188
    Hi Gib,

Welcome to the forums :hiya:

Just in case Cynthia doesn't read this thread, you may be better placed sending her a Private Message (PM). You can do this by clicking on her name, and then the PM option that appears :smashin:

Cheers

Andy

7. andy.j.watson

andy.j.watson

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    HI, I need to know how to tune and store chanels. would you tell me how?

Andy