1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony KV-LS65

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Blaz, May 10, 2003.

1. Blaz

Blaz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi guys!

I was taking a walk to my local Sony retailer just to take a look at the new hardware they've got in the store. The new Sony DVD Recorder is really nice by the way :eek:

Anyway, I spotted the 28" KV-LS65 model and the seller demo'ed the TV for me right away. 100 Hz Digi+, PIP, excellent sound, BBE Digital, 250 P. teletext (enough for me), nice design etc.. I was amazed. "It's yours for 8.000kr. (aprox. 1070€) w. stand", he said. It was a special offer since it still said 10.000 (aprox. 1350€) on the price tag. I thought it was a good offer and said "yes".

I already have an excellent Denon dvd player, so the LS65 will be a perfect match (using RGB). However, I can't find any reviews on the net so my question is; Are any of you familiar with the LS65? Can you compare it with the LS35/36/60? Is it good for the price?

A.M.

2. Blaz

Blaz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  3. Squirrel God

Squirrel God

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It has a handful of extra features over the LS60, the main ones being the 100Hz DigitalPlus (as opposed to the vanilla 100Hz on the LS60) and the PiP.

I'm not sure how the DigitalPlus will compare with the vanilla 100Hz, so make sure you get a demo and check for any artefacts and side-effects of the DigitalPlus.

If you're not bothered about these extra features, you can probably pick up an LS60 now for a lot less.

4. Blaz

Blaz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thnx for your reply SG!

Yeah, like I said the guy demo'ed the TV for me right away. Couldn't spot any artefacts and the image was crisp and clear, even with the default settings! At that price, the TV was a steal. It is delivered to me tomorrow :smashin:

By the way, the LS60 costs aprox. the same here in Denmark.

5. Blaz

Blaz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi again people!

I just received my new Sony 16:9, and it's amazing! The dealer couldn't find the user manual though, however they have contacted Sony-Europe and they will send it to me ASAP.

Just in case; Do any of guys know where to download the manual for KV-28LS65? Thnx in advance!

6. Blaz

Blaz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0