1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony KV-36HQ100, anyone with more info?

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Hasse, Jun 28, 2003.

1. Hasse

Hasse

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I´ve got the info that this model is on it´s way to the market, but it´s hard to find more info, and a picture of it.

Will it provide prog scan?

The pricing is interresting to, is it the replacement for KV-36FS76?

2. Hasse

Hasse

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  3. Julia

Julia

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I agree that this sounds interesting. By the way, is 36FS76 or 36FS80 the latest Sony?
    Good Old Google has no clue about Sony KV-36HQ100:( .
    Where did you hear it comes out soon?

Julia

4. Hasse

Hasse

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It was a guy, LN, at the swedish forum dvdforum who mentioned it. It will come in both 32" and 36"

He had a preliminary streetdate of september, and a spec that in my own translation ;) looks like this:

KV-36HQ100

36” fully flat Super Fine Pitch Trinitron WEGA bildrör
    100 Hz with new revolutionary picturetechnic
    MPEG Digital picture noise reduction
    MemoryStick (JPEG) with Slide Show
    3D Digital camfilter
    Text-TV with 2.000 pages memory
    Nicam stereo 2 x 10 W RMS
    Subwoofer 15 W RMS
    Virtual Dolby and BBE Digital Surround
    Double tuners
    Picture-and-picture and picture and text
    4:3, 14:9, Wide, Zoom and SmartZoom
    Auto 16:9 (line 23)
    Four Scarts (2 RGB and 2 S-video)
    Kameraingång with S-video in front
    Automatic installation
    SmartLink
    Bench: SU-36HQ1

The part with "new revolutionary..." makes me curious.

The fs76 is on sale here in Sweden, with a price thats wery tempting, but with the progscangeneration of TV:s just around the corner one just have to think twice about it.

I´ve never heard of the FS80, could it be the 36FQ80 that you mean? And yes, I´ve been googlin´too for news about HQ100, but nothing yet.

:)

5. GAmbrose

GAmbrose

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +40
    As far as I know, Progressive scan is only avaliable through component, and the specs indicate that it doesn't have component input.

Gary A

6. Radiohead

Radiohead

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +433
    Could it have internal progscan?....

7. andya

andya

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    not having component i think is a big mistake for sony and the panasonic pd30 36" will be very difficult to beat amazing picture quility component rgb new flat tube i believe the same that they use in japan progressive scan pal and ntsc and no scanlines and flicker free

8. Julia

Julia

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hasse,

Thanks for all the info. And Yes, I meant 36FQ80 ;).
    I wonder what price will have KV-36HQ100. The bit called "new revolutionary" does not necessarily mean something. Usually, all the new things they advertise are "revolutionary".

There are some interesting rumours about Laser projectors on AVS forum (see http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=276829 )and it makes me wonder if maybe we'll see some laser TVs too?...

Julia

9. jdg

jdg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  10. modeus

modeus
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Damn - you're right jgd, that TV looks the business.

11. fraha

fraha

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I just come back from Sony Dream World

I've seen the new TV set from sony KV36HQ100 / KV32HQ100
    You can take a picture of the screen and save it on memory stick.
    There is no progressive scan
    the new revolutionary picture technic is "super fine pitch"
    It reduce pitch by 65%
    The result is incredible. :smashin:
    We could see Charlie Angel and it was like if we were just behind a window !!
    BUT on TV channel it's pretty awfull

I asked for price and date ->
    late october for all models
    ~3000€ for KV36HQ100

There is also a KV 32FQ85 model without super fine pitch but with 2 tuner

No more FS model

fraha

P.S. i hope my english is not too bad :rolleyes:

12. yashiro

yashiro

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    No progressive scan support!?
    God damn you Sony!

13. fraha

fraha

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    To be exact on progressive, there is no component and the demonstrator have never heard about progressive so i think there's no progressive

14. andya

andya

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    i cant see sony selling many with no support for component and progressive scan.bad mistake in my opinion,but maybe the quility will be great just have to wait and see.lets hope it ways a little bit less this time

15. oregon

oregon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Some more HQ100 stuff - from ShoppingLinker (?)...

Berlin, 28 August 2003 – Sony Europe today announced the first television in Europe to utilise an FD Trinitron, Super Fine Pitch picture tube. The flagship HQ100 series features a radical new television design, with the picture tube framed within a black surround supported by brushed aluminium pillars, and will feature two models; the KV-32HQ100 and larger KV-36HQ100.

The new Super Fine Pitch CRT (Cathode Ray Tube) dramatically improves picture resolution. The centre pitch of the tube is reduced from 0.77mm to 0.47mm subsequently increasing the number of vertical ‘slits’ and therefore increasing horizontal resolution by 60%. Also included is a new CRT drive circuit that helps to improve focus by up to 25%.

Also introduced with the HQ100 is Sony’s new intelligent ‘Picture Power’ technology that also helps take picture detail to a new level, guaranteeing a more natural, detailed picture with superb colour reproduction and depth.

Sony’s Picture Power technology incorporates both an intelligent picture enhancement system that dynamically improves picture definition, and an intelligent contrast enhancing technology.

With an improvement in definition, resolution is also improved, achieving a new standard for real, natural picture viewing without increasing noise levels. As a television picture is not uniform, the use of intelligent filters ensures that only relevant sections of the picture are enhanced according to the content. The net result is an improvement in clarity and detail for a more natural looking picture free of artefacts and with reduced noise.

By dynamically enhancing the picture contrast only where it is needed, pictures are now able to realise incredible depth while maintaining the integrity of blacks and the detail in lighter parts of the picture. Again, natural picture reproduction is the end result. In addition to Sony’s new Picture Power technology, this model also includes Advanced 100Hz Digital Motion ensuring that any movement in the picture is reproduced smoothly and clearly. Film mode detection ensures that movement is optimised regardless of the original source material. Due to the independent processing of picture enhancement and motion compensation, within the same processor, there is no conflict between the two and picture integrity is assured even with a lot of movement within the imagery.

Included in the HQ100 series, Sony also introduced a PAL 3D Digital Comb Filter that provides better chrominance and luminance separation by looking at several frames and the motion within the picture. The result is less cross talk and colour interference particularly in panoramic, studio images.

While picture noise from an RF signal is reduced using Digital Noise Reduction, picture performance is further improved with MPEG DNR, for block noise reduction from digital sources, such as video games consoles, DVD or digital broadcasts.

Furthermore, connectivity is enhanced with the inclusion of a Memory Stick slot allowing users to share content. Just take the Memory Stick from your Sony digital still camera or Sony Handycam and it is very quick and easy to play back a slide show directly on your TV. The new HQ100 series also boasts Memory Stick capture, making it possible to freeze a picture from a broadcast and store this image directly on your Memory Stick.

The HQ100 series is available throughout Europe from October.

KV-32FQ85 and KP-51PX3

Also introduced this Autumn two further models include Picture Power, Advanced 100Hz Digital Motion and PAL 3D Digital Comb Filter technologies. The KV-32FQ85 CRT television, which also includes Memory Stick reader facility, will be available in November. While the CRT Rear Projection television KP-51PX3, with its 51-inch screen, will be available in October.

16. Joe Pineapples

Joe Pineapples

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +835
    With regards to the design of this new set, - am i the only one who thinks it looks too outlandish?. This tv wouldnt look out of place onboard the starship Enterprise, but unfortunately i dont live there ;). And whats with the one shelf deal?.

17. oregon

oregon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    One shelf? Maybe Sony are planning to release a single-box solution for all our AV needs? You know, a kind of surround-sound satellite decoding Playstation receiver with a built in DVD recorder.:D

In case anybody is still interested, here's a (very) high resolution photo of the KV-36HQ100.

18. andya

andya

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    i see its called the kd-36 nx300u in the new sony brochure.i wander if there will be scanlines thats what puts me off tvs seeing the scan lines