1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sony kv-32fx66 - davs550. Need help!

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by Marko_J, Oct 1, 2002.

1. Marko_J

Marko_J

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi...

I have to apologize first, but I'm so new here that I don't understand everything about connectiing dvd's to tv's.
    I have a konkrete case: I'll buy sony dav-s550 and kv-32fx66. The question is: which is the best way to hook it up? I would hook it up with scart RGB, but dav-s550 has no scart! It has component out, composite, s-video but no scart rgb. you can see it here: http://www.techtronics.com/uk/shop/50-sony-dav-s550-multi-region-dvd-system.html

The kv-32fx66 TV has 3 scarts (2 of them RGB), s-video and composite AV in.

and for the tv :
    http://www.techtronics.com/uk/shop/50-sony-dav-s550-multi-region-dvd-system.html

Please show me and tell me what kind of connection will give me the best result. Maybe I'm a bit dumm but can you give me a link to some good connector or scheme...

thanx in advance and sory once more on posting another thread with similar theme like many others...

2. I am maximus

I am maximus
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Hi
    If the davs550 is multi region an s-video to scart is the best quality of picture available ,the progressive scan/componant are very good but none applicable in your circumstances.There is a problem however some Sony models have the ntsc playback via a s-video disabled in the service menu i.e KV32fq75 so this will cause you a garbled picture or posssible black and white.Scart three on the Sony is a s-video input ,scarts 1,2 are for rgb signals really.I hope this helps I am maximus

3. Marko_J

Marko_J

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanx maximus
    I hope that it will help.

It's not multiregion, and I'm wondering - how can I use RGB Scart, and can I use it at all?
    As I understand component signal is the best, closely followed by RGB. Since kv-32fx66 has no component imputs I was hoping to use RGB. Can I?
    And can I conwert component to Scart RGB?

4. Marko_J

Marko_J

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    BUMP! :devil: :devil:

sory :blush:

HEEEEEEEELP!!!!!!
    need more assistance :D