1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SONY KV-32FX65U - Who has one and are they any good?

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Jimbob, Dec 31, 2001.

1. Jimbob

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Hi there people

I'm looking to get a new SONY KV-32FX65U TV really soon since I read the review of the 28" version in What Video & TV and it have it 4.5/5 with a summary of 'Wega Wonder'.

However I'm really dismayed by the amount people shouting in here that 100hz is crap, Sony TV's are crap, Sony have no customer support.

Obviously I don’t want to be burned by this myself if possible so I wonder if anyone has one of these TV's and can tell me they are actually good!. I have seen them selling for £995 at PremierAV Centre so I was thinking of getting one from there.

Anyhow any experiences of this TV good OR bad would be much appreciated before I spend what is for me - a lot of money.

Thanks very much
  2. Joe Pineapples

Joe Pineapples

Oct 23, 2001
    Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    I looked at one of these sets in the Debenhams in sheffield. They had a dvd player connected to it (seems rare these days), and i just happened to have 'the Corrs unplugged' with me. First impression was not good (washed out/soft picture), but a quick look at the picture settings revealed that someone had been fiddling. After a fiddle of my own the picture looked 100% better - sharp, good contrast, colour tone etc. The only thing i think which let it down was the sound, which had very little bass - but then you could always add a sound system afterwards.

Anyway, this was my initial brief look, and i would suggest that you do as i did, and go find shop with a dvd player connected.

btw - i think the 100hz mode is switchable on this set.

i would also regard this as a lot of money :)

hope this helps