1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony KV-32FQ86 or Philips 32PW9309?

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by mcguire76, Jan 2, 2005.

1. mcguire76

mcguire76

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, I'm after a new tv but I keep finding conflicting reports on just about every tv I have looked at!
    I'm currently looking at the Sony KV-32FQ86 and the Philips 32PW9309. Can somebody please give me some info on these 2 tv's? I will be connecting a Sky+ box and a Sony DAV-S888 to whatever I buy. Which would be the better option or should I stick with a 50Hz tv?
    Many thanks........Mark

2. Elsiekelsie

Elsiekelsie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Don't know anything about the Phillips but have the Sony and am very happy with it.
    Picture is unbelievably good and I love the advanced digital motion, although it took a few weeks to get used to.
    I'm not that technical when it comes to TVs but found the set-up easy.
    Followed some tips on another thread on here about the best picture settings and they worked very well, especially lowering the sharpness.
    Managed to get my set a month ago online for £680 delivered from 'Digital Empire Online' and found their service to be excellent.

Also... Sky looks great on this set.

3. JIT18

JIT18
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Go for the Sony... it has by far the best Tube.

I have had both the 9309 and the 9509 (2 of them) here...
    To 9309: Pixelplus sucks...
    To 9509: Pixelplus II rules... but the Tube is of very bad quality...

The Tube from both of my 9509 had five (Yes 5 !!!) Vertikal lines that could be seen when watching TV...

The worst of them was the one in the midde of the screen... because you always look there... Xbox games were also not playble because of the middleline... looked like i had two Tubes near eachother...

Xbox playing on the 32FQ86 is a pleasure !!!
    You thing you are playing on a big computer monitor... its very sharp...

unfortunately i screwed mine while playing with the Service Menu...

So to make it short:
    Sony has the Best Tube and Electric circuits...(power pack etc)
    Philips (only 9509) has the best picture improvement software...

Greets
    JIT18

4. mcguire76

mcguire76

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cheers for the info! :smashin: I quite fancy the Sony but I'm also looking at the Toshiba 32zp48 or the 32zp46. Anybody got any views on either of these sets? As far as I can tell the the only difference is the 48 has 5.1 sound whereas the 46 is nicam, is this correct? I don't really need 5.1 as I have a home cinema system already. So I guess it's between the Sony & the Tosh, which would be best for Sky?
    Cheers