1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony KV-32FQ86 or KD-32DX200

Discussion in 'TVs' started by chris b, Aug 18, 2004.

1. chris b

chris b

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm trying to decide whether to get a KV-32FQ86 or a KD-32DX200 and I'd appreciate any advice.

If I get the KV-32FQ86, I'll also get a freeview box, so overall, the KD-32DX200 would only be slightly more expensive.

One thing I haven't been able to determine from my research so far - does the KD-32DX200 have a digital audio out socket, to be able to connect it to a home cinema system?

2. MartinImber

MartinImber

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    Get the IDTV - picture will be better

3. TV Headache

TV Headache
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I saw the two next to each other in John Lewis with the same picture feed (from satellite I think). DX200 had easily the nicest picture, and in my opinion the nicer design too. I think silver/grey TVs look very dull next to today's black & silver two-tone models.

I beleive the DX200 does have a SP/DIF optical audio output on the back but worth checking that one on a display model to be sure.

4. Grif

Grif

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    The tech spec sheet for the dx200 says it does have an SP/DIF output on the back.

Saw these 2 running along side each other the other day...the dx looked much better to me....but this could be just because it handles a naff signal better.

5. chris b

chris b

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the responses. I've been to several shops and seen both TVs next to each other. I reckon I'll go for the KD-32DX200.

However, when I was viewing the TVs I noticed something not quite right with the way graphics on TV programmes. By graphics I mean things like the BBC logo, or captions with the name of a presenter, or the time and score during a football match. On this set the graphics were not displaying correctly. It looked liked pixels were missing and it distorted the font. I noticed the same thing happening when I viewed the TV in two different shops. It happened on different TV channels and didn't happen with any other TVs in the shops.

The sales staff had no explanation other than it might be caused by a weak signal. I've tried asking Sony but so far no response.

Has any owners of the KD-32DX200, noticed this behaviour?

6. MartinImber

MartinImber

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    This is sharpness, or SVM, or an effect of DRCMF, or of 100Hz

I have seen this on a plain 100Hz IDTV and also via boxes on various TVs

It looks like an artifact of SVM so try turning sharpness right down, if this fails try different DRCMF modes.

My 50Hz is unaffected.

7. mdinch

mdinch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have one order. I hope I'm not disappointed.