1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SONY KV-32FQ80 TV & NS330 DVD £1450 - Is this a good deal?

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by rickmorley, Nov 22, 2003.

1. rickmorley

rickmorley

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I understand that the KV32FQ80 is no longer being produced and has no direct replacement.

My local Sony Centre has one left. It has been on display in the store for about two months and has one small scratch but is otherwise unblemished.

They have offered it to me for £1450 including:

- a new NS330 DVD
    - delivery and set-up
    - 5 yr parts and labour guarantee
    - and I think they normally throw in the necessary scart leads

Is this a good deal?
    Can we expect the KV32FQ80 to drop in price in the short-term as it is phased out?
    Is there an obvious much better buy?

Will need to view it and decide tomorrow.

Many thanks
    Rick

2. fatbob

fatbob
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Rick,

Considering the tv is an ex display model with a bit of cosmetic damage, £1450 sounds a bit steep, even with the extras thrown in.

My local branch of Powerhouse had an ex display FQ80 for sale at a price of £900, although they didn't state how long it had been on their shop floor, blazing away at 100% contrast.

If I was buying an ex demo set, I would want it to be a good deal cheaper than the cost of a new set, and would always look for a tv on it's own at a greatly reduced price, rather than paying a premium price but with some extras thrown in for incentive. If the tv is discontinued, then the price will fall dramatically but this won't take effect for a few months, so this won't really help you if you want a new tv in the near future.

The FQ80 is a good tv, but at that price, I would look elsewhere.

3. rickmorley

rickmorley

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Fatbob
    Thank you for the reply.
    I am not in a desperate hurry so if the view is that the price will fall dramatically then I will sit and wait for a while.
    Rick