Sony KV-32FQ75 .PLEASE AN OPINION!!!S-VIDEO PROBLEM?

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by hellogr1, Mar 2, 2002.

1. hellogr1

hellogr1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    HELLO EVERYONE!!!
    I'm interested in buying KV-32FQ75 and I would like to have someones opinion.Also I've read somewhere that the current tv cannot play NTSC signal through its S-VIDEO ins.Is this real?
    I have the dvp-735d dvd player of Sony.
    Thank you very much
    Nick

2. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi You can turn on scart two and three in the service menu as Sony disable them from new the only problem you have is that if you go into the service menu you invalidate the guarantee,I do know how to get into the service menu but I think its best that you get a service engineer to do it!!!I hope this helps

3. hellogr1

hellogr1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well thank you for the instant reply but now I've read all these "DO NOT BUY" this tv set and I nearly want to kill myself!I found this forum today and I become aware of all the problems of Sony Industry!I live in Greece and I wanted to buy 32fq75 in a month or two.Now what?Is this "bars" problem a fact for ALL tvs of this model?Can I be sure before buying one from a retail store?As everybody I've read raving reviews , not only from "internet magazines" but from local also here in Greece.They have never mention a problem like this.I wanted this tv so much and knowing this problem now I will be biased.Is anybody out there who doesn't have this problem?

You all have turned this world upside down!

4. hellogr1

hellogr1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Here in Greece there is Sony kv-32fq75D.This D means anything?Is this a fix of something?I haven't heard anywhere in the web about this D.Anyone has one with D at the end?
    thanx

5. fwan

fwan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi hellogr1

If the FQ sets sold in Greece are made in the UK, it is very likely to have the infamous scrolling bars. We have members of this forum reporting this problem with their sets in Netherlands and France.

The letter from Sony UK on page 9 of http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=29182&perpage=15&pagenumber=9

clearly refers to "general issue". "issue was larger than first anticipated" and "number of complaints rose". You can make your own conclusions.

If you are brave enough and want to have days of stress and frustration, the UK made FQ set should be included in your shopping list.

Cheers

fwan

6. hellogr1

hellogr1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thank you for the reply , you are very helpful.You gave me something to hope for....that Greece doesn't import electronic products from UK.My current tv(KV-21X5D) is made in Spain.I searched also my dvd player (dvp-735d...also there is a D here) and is made in Japan.If you have other products of Sony it would be very informative to know their production country.
    Anyway thank you very much for your interest and sorry for the questions.

7. fwan

fwan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

No problem, we (members of this forum) are more than happy to given our opinions and any other info we know.

Hope you don't have to go thru what we are going thru with a tv set which we paid a premium price for a product from once a reputable manufacturer.

Another word of advise, make sure you buy the FQ (if you decide to) from a very good dealer who will sort any problem or even willing to take the set back if you had enough of headaches.

We would like to hear from you if those sets in Greece have this scrolling bars. Keep in touch.

cheers

fwan