1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony KV-32FQ75 Picture Geometry problems

Discussion in 'TVs' started by Edser, May 29, 2002.

1. Edser

Edser

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I bought a Sony KV-32FQ75 a month ago, it was evident from the outset that the picture geometry was well out, waving in center of picture and curved downwards on one side. I reported my problem and a technician from Sony came to check it out, he was unable to adjust the display to an acceptable level and agreed that the set should be replaced. The set was replaced a week ago and guess what? same story! I am waiting for the technician again. Has anyone had similar experiences with this model?

2. jlett

jlett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Edser,
    I'm on my 4th 28FQ75. All have had this geometry problem. All have also had a focus/convergence problem down the left side of screen, especially noticable when using digital text services such as BBCi - so bad you can't read left side of screen easily.

My retailer, Sony Centre in Milton Keynes, tell me my geometry problems are my fault for watching 4:3 and 14:9 broadcasts in their native format, rather than pulling them out to fit the width of the screen! They don't understand my arguement that I didn't spend £1500 to watch distorted pictures. If its a 4:3 broadcast, I wanna watch it in 4:3, rather than short fat 16:9.

If you can, try to get a refund, as it appears Sony seem to be quite bad on the geometry. Please be aware though, whatever model/make you buy, geometry will not be perfect. Its just a case of finding something acceptable. In my opinion, the Sony ain't...

Good luck.

3. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ljett,

Have you had focus problems on all of your sets? I have a similar problem with mine!

Mark.

4. jlett

jlett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yep, I'm afraid they've all had focus/convergence problems. The 1st one wasn't too bad, but the geometry was pants. Sony engr couldn't fix geometry either, so got set replaced.

2nd set had such bad focus that teletext was a no-no. Anyone living in the Milton Keynes area should be aware that I've been told by store manager of Sony Centre that he thought this set was OK, and put it back up for sale.

3rd/4th sets are not as bad. Teletext is readable, but digital text services like BBCi are very fuzzy down LHS of screen.