SONY KV-32FQ75 No White Banding Problem

S

Stu boy

Dear all,

Just thought I would share my findings with you.

I have been reading the HUGE thread regarding the problem of white bands on the Sony KV-32FQ75 model.

I have recently bought this same model (Nov2001) and was not aware of the problem until I read the thread mentioned above.

Immediately I visually checked my picture quality for: DVD playback, Digital TV playback and Video Playback.

At the moment my setup is:

RGB Scart from DVD to RGB TV
Scart from Video into Scart2 of TV
RF from Digital Box into RF TV (require new scart cable :( )

I could not notice any banding while watching DVD or TV playback. I viewed both where scenes and screen area would be dark but could not see any banding.

I could see banding though when watching "Pitch Black" on video (lots of dark scenes!!). With this in mind I tried another few video tapes and much to my surprise there was NO banding!!

Please excuse my limited knowledge on AV equipment but could this be related to the AV inputs on the back of the TV? I do not understand why I would see banding on only one media type and with one connection. Surely the banding would always be there?!?!

Any advice would be appreciated

Cheers,

Stu

Hi

I get the infamous scrolling bars even without anything attached to the tv. On VCR the bars speed up considerably compared to those on tv broadcast. But strangely, I do NOT get any (to my eyes at least) on DVD playback. Whereas some people DVD playback is so badly affected by the bars it almost becomes unwatchable.

Why, then I ask, I don't get any bars if I have the same set up connected to my 15 year old Hitachi ????

This is a mystery for those folks in Sony UK to sort out !

fwan

PS Hope we don't start any thread on this scrolling bar. Let concentrate on one thread.

Hi Fwan,

Many thanks for replying to my post. May I ask one more question in reagrds to the bars? How bright and how visible are they on your screen?

Cheers,

Stu

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom