1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony KV-32FQ70 + Surround Sound

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Spazwunkle, May 28, 2004.

1. Spazwunkle

Spazwunkle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Heyhey all

Got a new Sony KV-32FQ70, but when plugged into Surround Sound system (Sony TA-VE150) for TV viewing, only get about half volume from amp on full.

All other Surround options work fine (DVD etc) just TV viewing. Checked leads etc all seem ok.

Any ideas? Surround worked ok with our previous set.

Is this a problem with the TV or a general problem?

Cheers

2. jaymac

jaymac

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +138
    Hi dont know about your model but on the FX68 you have to go into setup in the menu and switch the speakers off. You then have to turn the volume back up on the tv to suit your amps input thats assuming you are using Phono leads
    hope this helps
    jaymac

3. Spazwunkle

Spazwunkle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Did that, and seems to work, but if that is with all models, then its a rather over complicated way to work.

But on a side note, messing about with it last night, and if I select Video on the amp, then you get proper volume. So I guess we'll just be using that option in the future instead of turning off speakers etc.

Cheers for that jaymac

4. jaymac

jaymac

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +138
    Glad you are sorted it is a pain but it does also allow catering for amps of different quality/ sensitivite inputs etc.,It also allows you to use the tv.s treble/bass what have you. Not that you would want to with a decent amp. I get mine back down the scart panful but convenient