Sony KV-32FQ70 question

F

Fagulha

Hello.

Just got a Sony KV-32FQ70 TV and I notice that, after it is switched on, the set buzzes for about 20 minutes. After that 20 minutes, I can't hear the buzzing. Is this normal in this TV or is a defect, and I should return it?

I know the buzzing issue in this set and I read some posts about it, but I still don't know if the situation I told is good (since it disapears) or bad (since there is for about 20 minutes).

Regards.

F

Fagulha

It is not really loud, but perfectly hearable when I am seated in the sofa, that is about 3 m away from the TV, if I have the TV in a normal volume level.

P

Paul Atreides

I'm not an expert on the buzzing issue, but if it's only moderate at most I would say it's probably ok.

P

PaulJ

Do a search under 'buzzing'. There is a thread on the Sony buzzing issue. Quite a long one.

My FQ70 buzzes a bit when first switched on. Once it has warmed up, its not noticeable.

Paul :smashin:

F

Fagulha

PaulJ,

for how much time is noticeable your television's buzzing after it is switched on?

I called Sony technical services today and they said that this is not normal. I guess if the buzzing was for about 5 or 10 minutes it will be OK for me, but it is hearable for at least 25 minutes.

P

PaulJ

Hi,

I reckon mine buzzes noticeably for maybe 15/20 minutes. Usually the first time I switch it on in the day. Don't really notice it after that.

I listened carefully and it does buzz quietely, most of the time, but the volume of the tv covers this up completely.

Its not really a problem for me.

Paul :cool:

F

Fagulha

So, it is the same situation of mine. However, if some of these TVs don't have any buzzing, I guess the ones that have are faulty in some way. This is really a bad quality control and a lack in standards. I am going to replace it with another one and see what happens. You see, I watch TV in weekdays just about 1 hour per day, or so, at night, and in almost half of the time I hear the buzzing. Once I detected it for the first time, I hardly can ignore it, unless I turn the volume up.