Sony KV-32FQ70 or KV-32FX68

C

Cascarilleiro

I'm thinking about buying one of this two models.

The main differences is that superior model (FQ70) has PiP and 100Hz Digital Plus (FX68 is only 100Hz).

The difference in price are 200€

¿what's your opinion about this?

Thanks in advance, and excuse me if may english is not good.

Had a good look at both recently and went for the FX68 as I couldn't see much difference in picture quality (if any) - plus there was the fact that my old FX60 was 100Hz Digital Plus and I ended up turning all the additional processing off and just running plain 100Hz, so that pretty much swung it for me. I didn't fancy paying more for processing features I'd never use. PiP is ok I guess, but I've never had a massive need for it on a TV.

You pays your money......

PiP: Picture in Picture

This allows you to see two signals at a time in the TV. One of them, usually, in a little square in a corner.

Hi,
If it's the same as FQ80 it's adjustable how large each picture is individually and sound from 1 sent to headphones to enable different programs to be watched at the same time...i.e footy and soaps:)
To be honest though we only use it so the wife can get the lotto numbers from teletext without interrupting my viewing.

Not sure if the FQ70 has the DRC functionality of the FQ80 but I use the digital processing for most viewing and it improves the picture quality and stability especially when watching dvd's quite considerably in my opinion.

cheers..Andrew

The FQ70 doesn't have DRC-MF as far as I'm aware, hence the FQ80 being significantly pricier.

I have the FQ70, which I am very happy with. I would have gone for the FQ80 but it was a bit pricey at the time.

The FQ70 definetly doesnt have DRC-MF or mem. stick. The PiP can be quiote handym dont use it much though.

The picture is very good and tv looks good. Buzzes a little but hardly noticeable.

How do you change the size of the PiP box on the FQ80, haven't seen an option on FQW70 to do this.

Paul :smoke:

Finally, i have a FQ70 in my home.

I'm happy with it. Geometry and convergence is OK, and i haven't noticed any buzz.

I only have a question... ¿what's diference between setting autoformat on or off? I tried the two settings, but the tv works the same. The RF viewings are in the format i select, switching to Wide when i select de DVD.

I hoped that in RF viewings the TV set detects the black bars and selected the apropiate 4:3 or Zoom mode.

Sorry if my english is not good.

I'd never use Zoom mode - regardless of the source.

Use "Smart" for non widescreen broadcasts.

Hi

The auto format, identifies the type of picture that it being broadcast then automatically changes the screen to the appropriate setting.

I notice it most when watching cable, if you flick through the channels the screen will change sizes, dependent on the broadcast. I tend to leave this facility off though it gets a bit annoying.

I just tend to leave mine in wide and change to smart for none widescreen broadcasts.

Regards

Paul :smoke:

i have just bought a sony kv32fx68 and have a sony davs 300 home cinema kit. any ideas if I can get the tv remote to work the volume on the dav system? secondly it is connected to a NTL pace box, can I set the tv to swith on directly onto one of the av inputs instead of terrestrial?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom