1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony KV-32FQ70 or 32FX68

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by bobwillis, Jun 9, 2004.

1. bobwillis

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:

I currently own a Panasonic TX32PK2. I have had this for 4-5 years. The main problems with this set are:
    1. Poor geometry (even after correcting in service mode).
    2. grey horizontal lines appearing in peak white areas of picture.
    3. Feedthrough from the analogue tuner into the RGB signal (barcode effect wandering through picture).

As you may have gathered from the above, I consider myself to be extremely fussy. I am planning to buy a new TV, hopefully to rectify the above problems. I have narrowed it down to either the Sony KV-32FQ70 or the 32FX68. My main sources are a Sony DVP-905 DVD player and a sky digibox (both in RGB mode). I watch analogue TV very rarely.

I can get either of these sets for around my budget of £700, so the price difference is inconsequential.

I am interested in people who have owned or compared the sets, wishing to hear their views of which is most suitable/preferential. I am aware that the FQ70 had a vertical colour smear problem; but I understand there is now a service mode fix for this. This will be my first 100Hz set, so it is best if these new phenomena are kept to a minimum.

I would be very grateful for any educated replies.

Best Regards,