1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony KV-32CS70 Picture problem

Discussion in 'TVs' started by Keithhampson, May 21, 2005.

1. Keithhampson

Keithhampson

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    I have a Sony KV32C70S TV, I have connected a Digfusion HRT101T freeview box, the problem is when I go on to a channel on my freeview that in not broadcast in widescreen, my freeview box changes my TV to 4:3 leaving 2 black lines at either side of the picture, I can change the tv setting to then stretch the picture to full the screen after that, but I need to sit with 2 remotes to do this, what can I do to stop my freeview changing my tv settings so the tv displays the full screen picture all the time, it even changes when the tv is set to smart, I have searched both user guides and found nothing, also I have searched all menu's, can I do something else? maybe do some thing to the scart lead or maybe I can do something else. anyhelp would be great its really bugging me.

Thanks Keith

2. chedmaster

chedmaster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    not familiar with your kit, but try looking in the menu's of freeview for scart control, and turn this off (although you may lose other functionality - like auto switching to RGB, and auto switching to AV when freeview turned on i think)

3. nnicol

nnicol

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    It is not a picture problem with your tv. It should do this. You are supposed to have the borders on a 4:3 image, it is the correct way to view the programme. If you want to watch strechy vision and fill the screen, set the tv to widescreen and leave it on that but remember that you are distorting the picture.

4. JayCee

JayCee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,932
    This is the way it is designed to operate!
    Why not watch it the way the programme makers intended.