Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Sony KV-28FX68U - AV3 output help needed.

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by dgp, Jan 1, 2004.

1. dgp

dgp
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm thinking about getting a DVDR or VCR, but none of them (I think) have enough input SCARTs to cope with both a Freeview box and a satellite receiver.

However I have a Sony KV-28FX68U which has the ability to output input from either AV1 (my Freeview box) or AV2 (my satellite receiver) to AV3 which I could then link with the DVDR or VCR. I think this would solve my problem. But what I can't tell from the manual is whether the TV needs to be on or in standby or off (preferably) in order for this to work. I don't really want to leave the TV on if I'm not around. And since I don't have a VCR/DVDR at the moment I can't test it.

Can anyone help???

Thanks

2. jaymac

jaymac

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +138
    I have the 32 FX and yes you would have to leave tv on. However if you have/get the sony freeview box you can just hook up stb to tv - stb to vcr. the stb will record or allow playback through the same scart. also if you have smart link the stb will switch vcr on without having to put vcr on timer. You will then have aspare scart ontv