1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony KV-28FX66 nightmare!

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Mrdisco, Jun 4, 2003.

1. Mrdisco

Mrdisco

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well I bought a Sony KV-28FX66. I had what looked like dirt in the corner of the screen, but was in fact some tube fault. Replaced with a second which was fine apart from it buzzed like a fridge, got louder with a white picture too. Number three has a purity fault, yellow down the whole right side.

The advice from by supplier (apparently from Sony). “Turn of for 24hrs and disconnect from the wall and all other appliances, dvd, ariel, etc, this will fix it”. Well I’m going to do this, but I don’t hold much hope.

Anyone know why I have to disconnect everything as opposed to just turning it off?

SO! What for pete’s sake is the most reliable, noisless, pure 16x9 tv to buy. Or should I just get a 4x3 until they can get it right?

2. Dazed

Dazed

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've been uhming and ahhing about buying a 28 incher for some time. The only, and I mean only set that doesn't seem associated with a huge amount quality issues seem to be the Loewe's.

The only reason I haven't bought one yet is that you spend upwards of £800 and only get one RGB scart. Come on, Loewe my Philips 21" 4:3 1995 vintage has got two.