sony kv 28fx65

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by huh?, Feb 4, 2002.

1. huh?

huh?

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i recently purchased a sony kv28fx65 and found that there was a ghosting of all images (a noticeable shadow to the right), even the televisions own menu's. the problem was especially bad with bright images. in addition the picture was slightly bowed on either side when watching in 4:3 or 14:9.

it has been for repair twice (damn u comet!)

i was wondering if anyone else has had similar problems?

also i am not impressed with the stand. the tv seems to be a similar shape to sony's kv 28dx40, does anyone know if that stand (or any other) would fit? i think it would look much better.

2. Jedi

Jedi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi mate, I have just bought a KV28FX65 aswell, I agree the stand is horrible, I never even bothered taking mine out of the box. After asking the same question as you on here and getting an answer saying it does fit, I ordered the stand from the KD28DX40. I can confirm that it fits perfectly and looks great.

As for the shadow to the right, I did notice this slightly on mine but only on certain programmes (especially on BBC2 for some reason), I assumed it was down to a crap aerial and as I'm intending to get Sky Digital soon, didn't worry too much. I haven't noticed it on the menu but only got the TV at the weekend and therefore haven't played with it much.

Mine has a very slight inward bend on the right hand side in 4:3 mode, left hand side is OK. Judging by the comments on this forum and from lots and lots of looking in shops, I think the geometry is a bit of a lottery, some are good some are bad (not just Sony) I've seen some terrible ones in shops. If it's really bad I would get them to sort it out as it is clearly possible to get it looking reasonable.

3. huh?

huh?

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i was mostly watching sky digital, and have been through all the advice about getting decent scart cables etc etc. the shadow was getting really annoying but apparently i am gona get an exchange set now, so we will see what happens. on the subject of the stand, jedi, do you know where i can get one for a reasonable price (not an extra £150!)

thanks 4 ur help.