1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony KV - 28FX65 U

Discussion in 'TVs' started by spacemuppet, May 29, 2001.

1. spacemuppet

spacemuppet

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Chaps

just wondering if anybody could give me some more information. Bought the above about 5 months ago. No doubt the best picture of any TV I have seen. Can't wait to get a PS2 on it.

the only problem is the Auto Format function, it really is crap has any body heared of any fixes or anything.

Cheers

2. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hey spacemuppet.

i have the same set and I haven't noticed any problems with the autoformat - not that I use it much as I have skydigital connect via scart, but ITV seems to behave normally. What exactly is wrong with it?

Also, do you have a problem with the geometry on your set. my bends inwards at the top of the screen.

3. spacemuppet

spacemuppet

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have not noticed any problems with the geometry by how much does it bend in.

As for the Autoformat, it does not seem to pick up the aspect changes all the time, even through Sky and the scart. for example watching BBC 1 Eastenders (widescreen, well 14:9) the program finishes and then only fools and horses comes on (4:3) the set will stay in widescreen sometimes and not others. Same effect when changing from BBC to Sky 1. sometimes changes sometimes not.

4. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I think you'll find that the Autoformat only works with aerial connections so it will have no effect on Sky Digital connected via scart.

as for the bending, is only slight and I have tried adjusting it on the set but I can't get it perfect. possibly just my location in the country.