Sony KV-28FQ75 TV, use in France with Secam

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by marcosmalc, Dec 24, 2006.

1. marcosmalc

marcosmalc
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've had conflicting advice as to whether I can use my Sony TV in France with Secam.
    My local Dorset Sony agent assured me that it can be changed via on-screen menus, but I cannot find out how, despite the instruction manual saying it's compatible with PAL, Secam and NTSC.
    Can anyone confirm whether it's possible, and if so how to change to Secam?

Regards and Happy Christmas and new year 2007.

Marcosmalc.

2. technospark

technospark

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    yes your dealer is correct it can be used in france ive got two out there in my friends house if memory serves my correct it can be done on the remote or in the service menu
    all the best
    merry christmas

3. JayCee

JayCee
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,547
    Page 16 of the user manual I just downloaded from the Sony support site.
    Use manual tuning and the "SYS" option within it to change.

4. marcosmalc

marcosmalc
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Jaycee and Tec for your replies.
    Have tried to use manual tune and the SYS option as suggested in the manual, but I only get two options, 'EXT' for attaching a channel to one of the 4 external AV feeds and an option 'I', which when selected appears to make no difference at all. I can vaguely see channels with colours and big zig zags, but you can only just make out people. Have tried the ariel with a borrowed French TV and pics are fine. Any other suggestions please. Many thanks, Marcosmalc

5. JayCee

JayCee
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,547
    Put the TV on Prog 1, (it's important before you begin to make sure the tuner is not on an AV input). Go in to the main menu and select the manual tuning option...when you see the table on page 16 of the user manual use the left/right arrow keys on the joystick to move across and the up/down arrows to change a setting...so move along to the "SYS" option on the table and either use the up/down arrows to change (when "SYS" is highlighted) or press the centre "OK" button of the joystick to highlight and then change using up/down arrows (working from memory here) "I" is the UK setting so you want to change that to "B/G"

6. marcosmalc

marcosmalc
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks again Jaycee. Have tried your suggestion, but B/G is not an option I can get, only 'I' or 'EXT' . Existing channels, after an autotune, have D/K shown in the SYS setting, anlthough I don't appear to be able to select this manually.
    I can still make out the outlines of people and writing on the the pictures I can get, but just not quite there! The arial is still O.K. on my computer TV card, with good reception.

Hope you have a really good New Year.

Best regards,

Marcosmalc.

7. JayCee

JayCee
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,547
    In that case maybe it's only done within the service menu.
    I don't know if you are comfortable making changes within it...you can seriously screw the set up if you change a setting wrongly...if you are I'll try and find out the steps you need to make...or if you're not comfortable it's maybe best if you call in a local TV Technician and get him to do it.
    Anyway, thanks for your best wishes and all the best to you and yours. :thumbsup:
    See you in 2007. :smashin:

8. marcosmalc

marcosmalc
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Jaycee, I'm back on the case again, trying to get Secam working in France. I've managed to get into the Service Menu, or some of it, on my Sony set, but cannot find or work out the appropriate setting to change to Secam. I'm happy to try further if you were able to give me any more guidance.

Best regards,

Marcosmalc