Sony KV-25X5U problem

A

ajlorton

Hi,

I've got a Sony KV-25X5U TV and it's broken down and I don't know whether it's worth having it repaired or to just bin it.

I'm hoping someone here might be able to point me in the right direction!

What's happened is that the screen was bending in on the right-hand side and usually this would flicker and correct itself, especially if you tapped the top of the set. Then it started doing this and instead of recovering, the picture would 'collapse' into a white dot in the center of the screen. Now, when I switch it on, the red light by the power button just flashes and no picture appears.

Very annoying as it was a great TV until this happened. If anyone can tell me what to do with the damn thing, I'd much appreciate it.

Cheers,
AJLorton.

TV Headache

Standard Member
I'm not a TV engineer but that doesn't sound like it's going to be cheap to repair. Could be that your tube is knackered, and replacing those is always expensive.

It's a good time to upgrade to a widescreen TV though. The rapid onslaught of Plasma and LCD have brought the cost of conventional 16:9 sets down to levels nobody could have predicted a couple of years ago, and even IDTVs are within most peoples reach these days.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom