Sony KV-24LS35U

scottie50

My sony tv has suddenly developed a green hue to the picture, all channels, and no setting adjustments seem to make any difference. Is the tube shot or is it worth getting repaired? Thoughts and opinions welcome, it's about 5/6 years old we think.
:lease:

JayCee

Distinguished Member
If it's a green cast over the whole screen it could be a failing crt or a component in the video drive circuitry...it's hard to remotely diagnose.
To be sure you would need to call in a local TV technician for an estimate.

B

BrianDM

Same has happened to my 4 1/2 year old Sony KV32FQ75. Still under extended guarantee so the repair man visited yesterday and advised the tube had gone and needed replacing. Repair man thinks this will be uneconomical and the insurance company may seek to make a cash settlement as a replacement is no longer possible as the tv is now obsolete.

If your tv has the same problem then I'd say it possible that the tube has gone also.

scottie50

Techman phoned today, confirmed worst fears, red beams gone. He says he can't get Sony today, will try on monday. Anybody any idea how much this might cost? don't mind paying but a little pre warning might stop my jaw hitting the floor :eek: ......just like that.

JayCee

Distinguished Member
Anywhere from £300.00-£500.00 inc labour at a guess...not economically viable I'd say.

scottie50

Thanks Jaycee, I agree that would not be viable. As its in our daughters bedroom we were hoping it would cost about 100/150 and stop her buying a cheapo supermarket lcd:thumbsdow
I'll post when our tech man comes back to me, so anyone interested knows what I was quoted.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom