1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony Kp44px2u

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by rjs1974, Dec 10, 2002.

1. rjs1974

rjs1974

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have two "problems" with this set, both minor.

Is it possible to tweak the picture rotation on this set, since my picture slopes slightly upward from left to right (i.e. the right hand side of image is about 1cm higher than the left, more noticeable halfway up the screen, when you see a line of text for exampe).

Also, the extreme right hand side of the screen, when the image is bright white, looks slightly yellowy, like a nicotine stained "fringing". Can this be corrected with manual convergence through the service menus too?

Many many thanks in advance.

2. shaunthedude

shaunthedude

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

have you tried the auto convergence yet? This can cure the slant on the picture. As for the yellow patch, that sounds like a "purity" problem. An engineer should be able to sort that out. If he cant demand a new set.

hth

all the best
    shaun

3. rjs1974

rjs1974

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It is not a very noticeable stain as such, more a very slight tinge if you look closely when the whole screen is bright white.

I think you get this on most projectors or PC monitors too, whether or not you can see it I don't know.

I have tried the auto convergence a few times, and the slant is only minor, but slightly annoying nonetheless.

Do you know if this is adjustable in the service menu?

Cheers mate.

4. shaunthedude

shaunthedude

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    On a bright white background the left of my screen is a tint of green. Like you say this is quite common. As for the slant Im sure you will be able to ajust this in the service menu. However, i dont know how to access this. sorry

hope you get it sorted.

shaun

5. rjs1974

rjs1974

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    And a million thanks for recommending this set to me, I am so chuffed to finally find one I am happy with, so thank you, and Westy too.

Will buy you several pints next time I am up in God's country!

Hope your set stays great, you deserve some good fortune too!

6. shaunthedude

shaunthedude

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for that. I too am still very happy with this set. Let us know if you sort the slant out.

all the best

shaun

7. kez

kez

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +922
    looking in the service manual for my kp41s4u, you have the option of adjusting the skew, so i would suspect you can adjust it on that set, via the service menu.

dunno how you access the menu on that model though.

to access it on the kp41s4u, use the following:

press i+, then 5, then vol+, then TV. this should display 'TT' on the screen.

press 'menu'

dunno if that helps. it may be worth getting the service manual for your TV, as the one i have for mine is very good (90-odd pages crammed with parts drawings, circuit diagrams, service menu options)

8. rjs1974

rjs1974

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thank you kez, will explore the service menu if I can access it.

Much appreciated.

9. Duffman

Duffman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello this is my first time on this forum. And may i just say how informative it is............you have all been so helpful................unfortunatly not quite helpfull enough..................i have a KP41S4U.............it has what looks like blue ghosting around the picture...........it is curved...for example if your reading words on the screen the blue will be in the backround and curved behind the origional words.............i hope i am making sense as its doing my head in.........i have used the convergence menu but i cant get the blue horizontal line to line up............can anyone offer any advice.

P.S I read one of your previous threads on entering the service menu and i think i may have adjusted something incorrectly as the yellow is a bit wierd now as well................ :lease: :lease: :lease:

10. davo95

davo95

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all
    Another new boy here. I'm interested in selling my KP41S4U - any ideas how much they are going for now ??? Any help appreciated thanks.