1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony KP44PX2U owners...

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by rjs1974, Dec 17, 2002.

1. rjs1974

rjs1974

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I mentioned in another thread about a slight annoyance with my TV.

When the screen is white, I have noticed that the right hand side of it is slightly yellow/sepia coloured, almost like a nicotine stain, albeit subtle. The left is bright white, but not the right.

I know the Tosh RP sets suffer from a yellowy "warm cast" on the right hand side, and this is far far less obvious, but it is there, almost like "fringing" on a data projector.

Just wondered if you guys can replicate this, and to be honest I am being picky, and just really want to know if it is an inherent "feature" of the set or a specific issue with mine?

You need to look at a bright white screen, then look carefully at the right hand side, where you might see a slightly yellower white than on the left.

Also, do you ever get slight mis-convergence at the very bottom, either greeny or pinky/red tinges to whites on the very bottom line ? I am talking one pixel maybe, but again, is it just me, being mega pedantic? Just good to know really!

Thanks all.

2. shaunthedude

shaunthedude

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    lso if you have a pure white screen most rps and most crt tvs have some sort of slight staining. It will be almost impossible to have it pure white. I bet you cant see it when watching a programme though. So, yes, you are being a bit paranoid. Just enjoy the tv.

cheers
    shaun