Sony KP44PX2u and KP44DX2u

General Skanky

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Apart from the freeview tuner in the KP44DX2u, is anyone aware of any major differences in the sets, as Comet have the KP44PX2U at £999 including delivery?

I've searched here and Google and I can't see anything obvious.

Thanks.

The PX2 has three scarts and is a white silver.

The DX2 has 2 scarts and is a little darker - also has freeview.

Otherwise they look identical

Apparently this July sony will be launching the PX3 with three scarts, no freeview but with picture enhancement better than DRC-MF - RRP £1400 -

may be worth the wait and internet prices should be less

Thank you.

Does the PX2 definately! have 3 scarts? Not two + a side AV input? If so, are two of them RGB?

Thanks.

Got it delivered yesterday.
Not bad. It has three scart. But i don't know which place to plug the SKY Digibox in. It's working on the third one ok. Is that correct?

Also, guys, where would you normally plug a VCR/DVD combo?

thanks dudes

Originally posted by quadmad
The PX2 has three scarts and is a white silver.

The DX2 has 2 scarts and is a little darker - also has freeview.

Otherwise they look identical

Apparently this July sony will be launching the PX3 with three scarts, no freeview but with picture enhancement better than DRC-MF - RRP £1400 -

may be worth the wait and internet prices should be less

Yo dude, when is this model coming out? And where did you read up about it?

thanks

I spoke to a sony chap and he told me that there is much of a difference between the two models. I asked him if DRC on the DX2u really makdes the pictures better that it's predecessor. HE said it's not much different. Pictures maybe slightly better but not much.

Article in the latest What Vidoe mag - there is a page in there about all the new Sony range - Due out June or July 2004

ayubars

The PX2 doen't have DRC-MF - 100 HTz but a better viewing angle ie screen and mirror than the PS2 with three scarts

The PS2 has DRC-MF but poor viewing angle (this is the olders model of the three in discussion)

The DX2 doesn't have DRC-MF - 100 HTz etc as per PX2 but with freeview and only 2 scarts

The new PX3 is supposed to have 3 scarts and a form of enhanced DRC-MF - hopefully it will look like the DX2 with the better mirror & screent.

Previous comments of differences between the DRC-MF set ant the non DRC-MF sets were that there is little or now difference in the picture but the newer models benefit form a better viewing angle

Hope this helps

yes, sure thank dude.
So hopefully, i didn't really make a mistake buying the PX2u. I was gonna go for the DX2 but thought that £300 extra might not be worth it.
Thanks dude.

Originally posted by quadmad
ayubars

The PX2 doen't have DRC-MF - 100 HTz but a better viewing angle ie screen and mirror than the PS2 with three scarts

The PS2 has DRC-MF but poor viewing angle (this is the olders model of the three in discussion)

The DX2 doesn't have DRC-MF - 100 HTz etc as per PX2 but with freeview and only 2 scarts

The new PX3 is supposed to have 3 scarts and a form of enhanced DRC-MF - hopefully it will look like the DX2 with the better mirror & screent.

Previous comments of differences between the DRC-MF set ant the non DRC-MF sets were that there is little or now difference in the picture but the newer models benefit form a better viewing angle

Hope this helps

I'm a little confused. I think the U after the model number on the PX2U and DX2U means that they have 3 scarts instead of 2. I have posted another thread asking this question and others.

The U after any Sony model number is simply for UK, ie its a UK model.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom