Sony KP44px2 Troubleshooting/tips websites

S

shaunashott

Afters hours of searching, and finding nothing, does anyone know of any sites that give tips on how to access serive, engineer menus or how identify faults?

because i cant find jack

You still having problems with this TV. Would you reccomend it as I am looking to buy.

Thanks

i have brought a new one from empire as comet wouldnt replace it,

but as a tv, i think it is very good... once you have set it up correctly, but i get the impression when i set my convergence it resets it self when i turn the set off? is this true

also you will need a seperate surround sound system, (in my opinion the speakers on the tv are not upto my expectations)

it looks good on or off, prob the best looking set availble, with the exception of plasmas

Hi, just a word of advice regarding the convergence on this set. Make sure you let the set warm up for about 30 mins before you run auto convergence. You might find that each time you turn the set on from cold that it looks out but give it 15 mins or so and it should right itself.
As for the service menu do the following...

1) Turn the TV off with the TV/Standby button

then do the following in quick succession...

2) Press i+
3) Press 5
4) Press vol+
5) Press TV (this is the button with the TV screen logo on it that you normally use to switch teletext off with).

The TV should switch on and you should now be in the service menu. Press the menu button and you now have options such as Geometry, Panorama, Service, Error menu, IF adjust etc.
Don't ask me where you go from there because i have no idea.

Hope this is of help...

Pete.

thanks, i will try this when i get home.

but i notice one thing on my new set same as the old set, the picture seems like it dropping in from the edges, like if look at teh skynews logo the blue bit at the top left hand corner is slopping down, does anybody else have this?

I think you need to decide how much of a problem a fault is?. my set has the slight geometry problem you mention but i dont notice it during normal viewing,I could find faults with any piece of equipment on the market if I keep looking for them(not in the habit of looking at intrusive channel logos when i watch tv)the slight curve you mention , can you see it when watching a dvd or normal tv?.by all means expect the best for your bucks but never expect perfection! it doesnt exist in av land:rolleyes: :D

no i didnt say it was a fault, i just wondered why it did this,

my original set which was from comet was faulty turned off within 18hrs worked again 2 days later and now the red light just blinks

because no one else seems to have that curve prob

pete can you goto in the service menu and please please please give me the setting for geometry (top option i think)

i totally screwed up everything and i didnt bother to note the setting,

i need all of them all 20 or so, so so sorry if yuo right the numbers down as the appear top to bottom that would be great

Here's a complete rundown of all my picture settings...

Geometry

ABLTH...0
ABLMODE...3
PABL...15
VSIZE...28
VPOSITION...29
VCOMP...0
VLIN...7
SCORRECTION...5
HSIZE...52
PINAMP...36
HCOMP...0
UPCORNERPIN...35
MPIN...2
LOCORNERPIN...33
TRAPEZIUM...6
HPOSITION...60
AFCBOW...7
AFCANGLE...7
LEFTBLK...37
RIGHTBLK...20
VASPECT...10
AKBTIM1...0
AKBTIM2...O

Panorama

RDPOSXM...0
RDPOSYM...0
BLANDEL...41
BLANPOL...0
BLANLEN...65
YFRAMEM...0
YBAGR...4
HPANONM...0
HSCPOSCM...3072
HSEG1HM...2
HINCOM...41
HSEG1LM...22
HINC1M...18
HSEG2HM...6
HINC2M...0
HSEG2LM...0
HINC3M...494
HSEG3HM...9
HINC4M...471
HSEG3LM...0
HSEG4M...394
VPANONM...0
VDOUBLEM...0
VSCPOSCM...8192
VSEG1HM...0
VINCOM...0
VSEG1LM...0
VINC1M...0
VSEG2HM...0
VINC2M...0
VSEG2LM...0
VINC3M...0
VINC4M...0
VSEG3M...0
VSEG4M...0
HORPOSM...0
HORWIDTHM...974
HORPOSG...29
HORWIDTHG...0
HORFRAMEG...3
PRIOP...3
PRIOC...5
PRIOS...6
PRIOF...7
PRIOM...4
PRIOG...2

Service

SUBCOL...28
SUBHUE...31
SUBSHARP...26
SUBBRIGHT...33
SUBCONT...11
RDRIVE...30
GDRIVE...31
BDRIVE...39
RCUTOFF...32
GCUTOFF...31
BCUTOFF...24
BrTXT...7
BrOSD...10

Scanrate

00h (entering any 2 digit number in here takes you into an even bigger service menu... i'd stay well clear of this!)

PiP

SLAVEON...0
HORPOSS...504
VERPOSS...82
HORWIDTHS...406
VERWIDTHS...173
VSCPRESCS...2350
HSCPRESCS...2048
NALPFIPS...29
NAPPLIPS...214

There are 3 other sections - Sound, IFAdjust and Error menu which I'll enter later on as my fingers need a rest from typing!

I have no idea what the majority of the above do and bear in mind that my settings may not be the same as yours... every TV differs.

If there's anyone out there who can shed light on how to get into manual convergence then I'd love to know.

Hope you sort your PX2 out ...

Pete.

thanks again pete but the rest of the info is ok, i didnt get that far cuz i got a lil scared

so i hope you havent typed it in

shaunashott, I also have just got a px2 from Empire Direct & have a slight geometry problem - although nothing that detracts from viewing.
My top edge curves slightly but I know I can change this easily in the service menu but the main problem is that the bottom edge slopes upwards from left to right.

Basically if I watch a 2:35 DVD the the black border at the bottom is about 1cm higher at the right corner than the left - this basically makes things like text slope slightly upwards. It's not really a noticable problem & I think I can alter in the service menu but havent quite figured out how.

In the geometry menu there seems to be several settings with values of 0-3 but changing them doesn't do anything, I think it needs teh manual.

Anyway, overall I wouldn't have changed my purchase, going from a 28" TV to this is mind-blowing - easily the best purchase I've ever made!!

Great, last night after watching a film I switched back to normal TV & had lost all stereo reception & there was a buzzing / static noise coming out the speakers.

Checked my TV reception on another TV from the same socket and it was fine. As TV is basic analogue & goes into the RF socket I plugged my old Dreamcast in to check the socket & that produced the same noise. Tired auto-tuning again & if I finetune a channel I can get rid of the static but it still hisses & is in mono.

DVD runningthrough Scart is fine so it looks like the RF socket on the TV has a problem - marvellous, looks like I'm gonna have to get someone out - oh well, at least they can hopefully sort out the geometry problem as well!!

I wouldnt, if the tv is new empire will replace the tv outright, thats what i would do.

do you know how to remove the curves from the corners? because i have no idea

You can remove the curves a bit in the geometry menu in the service menu but I couldn't get rid of them completely, think it needs someone who knows what everything means.

Anyway, Empire are sending an engineer round in the next few days. I think I'd rather get this one fixed than get a new one which might not work at all (judging by a lot of posts about TVs in this forum!!!).

At least mine is perfectly watchable at the moment.

I would use Avia DVD to test the overall geometry; rather than on screen images (ie Sky or just by watching a DVD movie).. although by the sounds of your faults I would demand a replacement set rather than pratting around in the service menu.. if you kill it you'll have a expensive paperweight.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom