1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony KP44PX2 Colour Seepage Problem

Discussion in 'TVs' started by petergeorge72, Jan 28, 2003.

1. petergeorge72

petergeorge72

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Hi fellow PX2 owners!

I've noticed that the latest issues of 'What Video' and 'What Home Cinema' have both given the PX2 a positive review. However, they do mention that it suffers from slight upward colour seepage (especially red).
    I've had mine for a while now and overall I'm very pleased but I've seen this colour seepage on my set and was wondering if there is a cure. I'm 99.9% sure this isn't a convergence problem as the colours on my set are well converged. Also the problem seems more noticeable when fed an RGB source.
    It's most noticeable when watching an advertised programme on BBC1 via my Sky digibox. Have a look at any bright red lettering on a pale background and, if your set is like mine, you'll see that the colour slightly overlaps the top edge of the lettering. Another example is when watching a 'warm coloured' scene on a widescreen DVD using RGB. There is a distinct lack of colour on the bottom edge of the black bar where it joins the picture.

Can other PX2 owners let me know if their sets suffer with the same problem or if any rear pro owners know of a possible solution?
    Other than this slight problem, this is a fantastic set and I'd still recommend it!

Thanks, Pete.

2. chris

chris

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    Whats it like on the other channels......??

I have just brought a Tosh 42pw23p and the pic on BBC is also crap, through sky dig, on RGB.......
    When i first got the tv, i set the contrast and brightness, but the colour was to red......thought i could not adjust the colour, although i thought that you could not adjust anything when useing RGB........thats how it was on my panny 32pk25.
    Anyway, i now have the contrast on 30, brightness on 40, colour on 25 and the contrast through the sky box set on low......all channels seem ok, apart from BBC, still to bright and still slightly to much red.

Think they just have a crap signal....unless it is down to the weather at the mo.

Just got to get used to such a big screen, in such a small room now......DVD playback is brilliant.

cheers.....chris.

3. sparkymarky

sparkymarky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    do you know the proper website address for the reviews???

4. petergeorge72

petergeorge72

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Hi Chris,
    It's very noticeable on the BBC's red logo's and titles but is present on all channels and all sources... but it's only noticeable on bright colours... especially red.

5. sparkymarky

sparkymarky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    petergeorge do you know if the reviews for the sony are online??????

6. chris

chris

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    Is it possible to set the convergence up manually......???
    I thought it was auto on the sony.....!!
    Maybe there is some service menu you can access and turn the red down, or do a more detailed convergence setup, like i think is poss on the Tosh.....instead of just a 9 point, there is a 59 point setup.

If all else fails.....keep annoying sony, untill they send someone out, or let you into the secrets of service menus.

I must say, that i was playing with the sony at the sony center in blue water for around 20mins and i just could not get the pic set up to how i wanted it, but playing in currys with the tosh, i got it to look quite nice and now i have one at home, i have been messing around with the settings for the last 4 days and it is nearly looking as good as what my panny looked.......dvd's look better than they did on the panny.......every day i am changing the settings....i reacon that in about another couple of days, i will have it looking better than my old TV.

Maybe you just need to keep messing around with your settings a bit more.

Hope you get it sorted.

cheers....chris.