1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony KP44PX2 colour bleed

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by petergeorge72, Dec 30, 2002.

1. petergeorge72

petergeorge72

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Hi Guys,
    I've been the happy owner of a PX2 for a while now and I'm very pleased with the set overall. However, there is one small problem that is bugging me...
    Whenever red writing appears on a light background the colour seeps into the light area. At closer inspection, it appears that other colours do this too, but it is red that is the most noticeable.
    This may sound like a convergence problem but I'm pretty sure it's not. For example, when the red BBC logo appears on the screen it's a though the colour has shifted very slightly above and to the side of the logo.
    Could any other PX2 owners please check their sets and see if this happens on theirs aswell?

Thanks, Pete.

2. petergeorge72

petergeorge72

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Here's an example of the problem...

Attached Files:

3. shaunthedude

shaunthedude

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    peter,

yip, mine does it too. only on certian parts of the screen though. Im sure its convergence. All my rp tvs had this sort of problem.

cheers matey
    shaun

4. petergeorge72

petergeorge72

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Thanks for the quick reply Shaun. To be honest, it doesn't bother me all that much. I just wondered what caused it and if any other PX2 owners experienced the same thing.

5. shaunthedude

shaunthedude

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    pete,
    it does not bother me either. mine is more noticable with blue though. Seems to more on the left of the screen and only on certain backgrounds. Like I said though all my previous rp tvs had this sort of problem. You will never get perfection. Apart from that are you still as happy as me

shaun:)

6. martian1

martian1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +241
    Just wondering if you have owned a Hitachi Illumina RP set, dont get this on mine...But i do get a halo effect if a single bright object is on screen with a black background [eg A torch]
    I guess all RP sets have some niggle associated with them. Nature of beast and all that!