1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony KP44PS2 Remote Control Problems

Discussion in 'TVs' started by bpoostchi, Mar 28, 2002.

1. bpoostchi

bpoostchi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I would like to know if anyone is having problems with the remote
    control of the above TV. My 1st TV - The remote control would not work unless I was holding the RCU 2" away from the TV. My 2nd set has started to do the same thing after a couple of months. No other TVs have shown this problem, so I doubt it is an environmental issue.

Many Thanks
    Bernard

2. dodocream

dodocream

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Absolutely no problems at all with mine m8. As it's happened to two in a row, my guess is it's 'enviromental' as you put it or maybe interferance from something else in the room. Try it with nothing else electrical turned on.

DDC

3. Taz

Taz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Welcome Bernard.....

Wouldn't this thread be better in Remote Controls:confused:

Taz.:cool:

4. bpoostchi

bpoostchi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    dodocream - Thanks.

Have tried removing some things SONY have recommended (e.g. DECT Phone, Energy Saving Bulbs, etc...), but no luck. Doubt its environmental as 2nd set behaved itself for a couple of months and now started playing up and I hven't added anything new to the room. Problem is its intermittent. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. No set pattern to it.

Taz - Thanks :)

I posted here as it is directly related to the KP44PS2. If you think it should be posted elsewhere, can you move it? I will gladly followup on threads in different forum.

Regards
    Bernard :rolleyes: :