Sony kp44ps2: flare and set-up/video quality question

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by stewarthollyhead, Dec 18, 2001.

1. stewarthollyhead

stewarthollyhead

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    1) The picture is great but if you ever have any white text, or a bright part of an image, on a dark background I tend to get a kind of lens flare occur.

Its not awful as its quite fain. It kind of sits in the middle of the screen and looks like the edge-line of an eclipse.

I have turned down contrast to about 60% and brightness is abot 55% (both much lower than the factory setting)

Any ideas my techie friends? I hope this isnt just unique tomy set...

2) Set-up
    I have an ITV digital receiver (2 scart), a Yamaha DVD player (2 scart) and a Toshiba 711 video (3 scart). Any help n getting thebest picture out of this combo?

The TV has 1 RGB scart and 2 s-vhs scart.

At the moment, based on a forum members advice, I have the dvd layer going into rgb and the ITV digital going into the dvd player. So they both get RGB quality.

The problem is that the video looks really ****e in comparison. The 711 is supposed to be great (award winner) but it just looks so grainy...

2. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    Can't speak for the TV but your source connections are OK. The VCR picture will not be as good as the others and the larger the TV the more noticeable this will be.