1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony KP44DX2 or Samsung SP47W3HF

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by dupfold, Oct 1, 2003.

1. dupfold

dupfold

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello

Ever since I brought my (2nd) Toshiba 42WT29B I've had a number of problems with it, mainly picture tilt and geometry problems which drives me nuts. Currys finally agreed to an exchange and I was all set to get the Samsung sp47w3hf until I read the reviews. It got ok reviews but the sony got top marks. Although in the shop the samsung looked to have a much better picture, but you never can tell with curry's setups.

I decided to play it safe and go for the sony kp44px2u only to be told that it has been discontinued! I checked this with sony and they explained that this is correct and it's being replaced by the kp44dx2. From its spec's it sounds exactly the same apart from this has the digital freeview channels.

Sony advised that it is available now but I can't find any reviews on it or even a price (sony couldn't advise on price?!)

Has anyone seen the new sony in action and any ideas on price?
    And which should I go for, the samsung or sony?

I would love to get another toshiba because when they work they are fantastic but they have been to unreliable for me.

Cheers

2. Lancia

Lancia

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I originally got the PX2 but had audio problems with it & have just had it replaced with the DX2. I had to pay a bit more - I think it is about £250 more than the old one.

Basically it is exactly the same but with digital freeview which I have to admit is quite cool - I havent got excellent reception & you can have both digital & analogue plugged in so I can switch if I have reception problems.

One thing that is a bit of a problem tho is that for some unexplicable reason it now only has 2 scart sockets as opposed to 3 & only 1 of these is RGB. God knows why they did this but it means Ive gotta get a scart switcher when I get an xbox next week.
    Its not the end of the world cos Ive used scart switchers before & if you get the right one they work fine - no difference in quality at all.
    Still cant work out why they would remove a scart tho!!!