1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony KP41ds1

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by Montie, Oct 31, 2001.

1. Montie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Hi all, I purchased a kp 41ds1 in July, and I have had a few picture quality probs. I have used various test dvds to display these probs, mainly being focus and convergence problems around the outer edges of the picture. (not uniform I must add)

After several visits from Mastercare (yes I bought it from Currys) they are trying to fob me off with the saying 'you are too close to the unit' and 'this is typical for a set like this', but I cannot believe this is the case as specified within Sony's documentation 2.1 metres is the optimum viewing distance !

I sit approx 2.5 metres from my set, if I stand in the garden (4 metres) and watch the set through my window the focus and convergence issues are more noticeable.

Upon opening the set (with a mastercare engineer) I was suprised to notice, within the CRT guns, what looks like a 'small dead fly' on the inside of the gun after removing the lens, any ideas ??

I am contacting currys to get the set exchanged for another unit Is anyone aware of any necessary firmware/software 'updates' etc I may require bearing in mind I play region 1 and 2 dvds through both RGB scart and S-video, Pace Sky digital.

I would appreciate any info, advice with regards to this set, and any experience sharing would be great.

Finally currys have agrred the set is faulty after 2 visits from mastercare and a local sony dealer, Currys have contacted me to inform me the set will have to be bought into the workshop to be repaired ??

I am starting to regret buying from currys !!! :(:)confused:

I could be without the set for up to 4 weeks :mad: all part of the company policy !