1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony KP41DS1 problem

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Joules99, Aug 1, 2002.

1. Joules99

Joules99

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Does anyone else expereince this problem or know any resolution? We have a Sony KP41DS1 tv for about 2 years, and ever since we have had it, when changing digital channels you have about a 1 in 4 chance of the tv beeping really loudly (sounds a bit like a phone ringing) then the channel kicking in, but with no sound, at this stage the sound is completely gone even if you go to another channel, the only way to resolve this is to switch it off and back on.

Also intermitantly the coloured buttons which also do the sound settings or settings such as brightness for example do nothing.

I presume this is a inherant software design problem, I have not contacted Sony yet, the guarentee has run out, but we bought the retailers warranty insurance thing over 5 years, so may be able to get something done on that?

Any ideas ?????? Thanks..

2. MartinImber

MartinImber

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    You need a software update - contact Sony on the IDTV helpline

All DX20, DS20, DX30, DS1 are being updated to v2.10

BBCi takes out the colour buttons

Beep Beep is the .05 to .1 fix

Have you had the hardware mods for CAM use?

3. Joules99

Joules99

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have had the cam upgrade and will speak to sony, thanks for your help!!

4. Joules99

Joules99

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I spoken to Sony, they say from 5th August 2002 they will be transmitting the 2.10 upgrade. To allow this to download you must leave one digital channel switched on for at least 3 hours. you will know it has done because the epg menu will look completeley different as the 2.10 upgrade includes an upgrade to this aswell! Thanks for pointing me in the right direction, the wife will be over the moon cause she is the only one that watches it, I am too busy playing Counter Strike most of the time!!! Regards - Julian

5. MartinImber

MartinImber

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    I hope it is 2.11 as 2.10 has a small bug in teletext with weather - doesn't always show the clouds!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. Joules99

Joules99

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I can live without clouds!!!