Sony KP-44PS2 Service modes

R

Robson

Hi,

I'm looking for a little help setting up my Sony KP44-PS2 rear projection TV.

Although the service menu seems straight forward I just wanted to find out a few things which I'm having trouble finding on the net as everything seems geared towards US NTSC models.

1) Is there a way to turn off the guns when adjusting convergence so that you can just see the RED for example. I'm sure i've read somewhere that you can, but can't seem to find out what keys to press.

2) Does anybody have a complete list of the TT Codes for this model?

3) Where's the best place to get a service manual? I've tried a few UK sites, but they don't have it listed yet. Unless somebody would be kind enough to scan theirs for me :)

Not sure if anybody else has found this but when you enter the service menu and then the special adjustments menu, you can switch on MPEG NR which I assume is to help with SKY broadcasts. I'm convinced it makes a difference, has anybody else had any experiences with this?

Thanks in advance

I'd thought about using Sony, although as the TV is still under warranty I didn't want to risk invalidating it. It seems to still be a grey area as to whether using the service menu is allowed and I don't want any problems in the future.

Even if you buy the manual off sony they cant prove you have entered the service manual can they?? No One can

I guess you're right.

I take it you have a manual for yours? and if so how much do sony charge for them?

Also, can you reduce the contrast on the live setting and then store it to memory? Although I don't use it, it would be nice not to have such a damaging setting on my TV.

sorry mate but i dont have a service menu. If you like the live stting why dont you just go to personal and ajust things till you get the same picture, then reduce the contrast?

cheers
shaun

No, the problem is I hate the live setting, but lets just say some people in the house don't ;-)

That's why I wanted to change it, I guessed that if you enter the service menu there would be a setting you could change. But no matter what palette mode you enter the service mode in it always changes the personal settings only.

Am I right in thinking that if you use the production menu...TT code unknown? it will give you more options.

ahhh I see. In my last post I said I did not have a service menu. I meant manual. There may be a way of doing that in the service menu but i dont know for sure. I dont know how anyone can watch anything in the "live" mode. Why not just tell them they cant watch the live mode coz it may damage the tv!:D :)

Believe me I've tried ;-)

No, I think the best solution is to remove the problem - no not the wife ;-) But to reduce the contrast in Live mode for good.

If that's possible?

Help me out guys!

Does anybody know how to turn off each gun on the Sony KP-44PS2?

Cheers

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom