1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony KP-44DX2

Discussion in 'TVs' started by Systems Jambo, Dec 18, 2004.

1. Systems Jambo

Systems Jambo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    I am looking to buy one of these sets to replace my KP41 which has been damaged by my wife (don't ask) and I need to track down a similar model with the built in Freeview tuner to satisfy my insurers. I see that Home Cinema Choice list list as their top RP TV.

Can you help?

2. lynx

lynx

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +301
  3. Systems Jambo

Systems Jambo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    Thanks for the reply.

Sorry, I realise that the quesion was a bit dumb. Basically, my wife broke my KP41 and I need to find a similar model for which to claim on the insurance and found that the KP44-DX2 was the nearest match. However, in order to maximise the amount I get back from my insurers, I was looking for a supplier of this set at a retail price.

I have used Robert Whyte before, but don't want to alert my insurers to this fact as they will hammer the value of the claim down.

Ideally, I want to get a Sagem Axium to replace the old RPTV set and need to maximise the amount the insurers will contibute.

Any other retailers with higher prices?

4. lynx

lynx

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +301
    You may find that your insurer has a contract with something like DSG group for eletrical claims and to this end you will be issued vouchers rather than cash. Try a search on Google to locate prices.

5. Systems Jambo

Systems Jambo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    Thanks for your help. Didn't want to tell my insurers I could get the KP44DX2 from Robert Whyte for £800. Found two sites still selling it for £1,200, gave these details to my insurers and bobs your uncle, well after a bit of arguing over spec, they have agreed to pay the full £1,200. I have also managed to get them to pay by cheque because their supplier, Empire, cannot do the DX2. Not that I'm going to buy one anyway, but they don't know that! ;)