1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony KP-44DX2 44in RP - crazy question!

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by cheet22, Jun 24, 2005.

1. cheet22

cheet22

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Now I know this probably sounds crazy, but we've just moved house and my beloved Sony 44in Rear projection (KP-44DX2) is just not sitting exactly as the wife likes it in 'her' new living room.

The edges are stopping it sinking back into the corner flush, and as a result it sticks out too much for 'her' liking!

I've had a thought (and heres the mad part) that if I could take about 3inches across each corner (at 45 degress) off the lower base unit at the back, the TV would sink back to the corner much more, and would be perfectly placed in terms of angles etc.

So, my question is, does anyone know if cutting off the very edges of the corners of the base unit, (and closing them up again of course), just enough so it sits back more into a corner, would cause a problem to the picture?

Its only the wood part I'd be trimming, nowhere near the plastic casing.

Of course I'll check if theres any mechanics around, but I'm not sure if the box is specifically sized and if I reduce it by even a fraction the picture may suffer ( a bit like a sub I think I mean)?

I know its drastic, but its out of warranty anyway, and I'm desperate to avoid going back to a 28in TV (and moreso spending any money!)

Any precautions I should take first?

Cheers for any advice/comments,

Paul :lease:

2. scooby do

scooby do

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +37
    Will be fine, the critical part is the distance between the CRT's and the mirror. You will not be alterting this. Obviously caution applies when opening any type of TV as lethal voltages can be present even after unplugging from the mains.