1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony KP-41S4U Rptv?? Service mode??

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by wassap, Sep 6, 2003.

1. wassap

wassap
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    Hi Guys just wondering if anyone has the above tv? managed tyo pick one up s/h for £300, nice tv so far.I know its a couple of years old but i was looking for RP on a budget

But im wondering how high it should be ideally? also when i put it into wide screen mode the screen curves towards the edges etc, is there anything i can do to sort it? any setting in the service menu etc, the convergence seems to be fine.

All in all im happy, just wondering how it campares(d) to other Rptv`s?

Thanks all

2. Boris Blank

Boris Blank

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +208
    From google

It's :

<TV in standby mode>

i+ 5 Vol+ TV

TV is the little TV screen button used to come back from télétext

Set TT = 00 to stop eng. menu

WHATEVER YOU DO, THERE IS NO WAY TO COME BACK !

YOU CAN COMPLETELY DESTROY THE PICTURE !!!

TAKE WRITTEN NOTE OFF ANY VALUE BEFORE CHANGING IT

If it's new, ask your dealer for help, do'nt try this yourself.

You have been warned !!

Thierry

From me - be careful and heed the warnings. You should be able to get the service manual from here http://www.seme.co.uk/ (can't recall if they do Sony or not though but worth a call).
    Paul

3. wassap

wassap
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    Cheers m8, im a bit aprehensive about it all, i have a slight prob with the tv, where when put in 16:9 mode there seems to be some curving of the screen towards the edge, would i be able to sort this in the menu?

4. nathan_silly

nathan_silly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a Toshiba CRT RP- but the same thing inside really.

If you can bring up the service level convergence grids- does it have slight geometry errors or does it have equal distortion on either side? - ie does the bottom left & bottom right slant inwards/outwards?- if so use the various service level settings to sort out (ie TRAP, PIN, etc)- don't blindly adjust anything. Only if you know what that settings does, and your set needs correcting.

Otherwise use the convergence grids to sort out minor geometry errors. Adjust the green in that area, then move blue & red to the same.

I would purchase Avia DVD, as this has grids that will show up any geometry/convergenge errors. Saves you going into service level grids; and gives you a idea what needs correcting.

5. Boris Blank

Boris Blank

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +208
    The simple answer is yes. However, be very careful you don't screw up something else in the process. Write down ALL the current settings so that you can get them back to their original value if things go wrong.

I'm not familiar with this particular set but there may be other folks on this forum who are so its worth doing a search or waiting for someone else to give the benefit of their experience.

A search on Google may prove useful for further information.
    Paul

6. Duffman

Duffman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i have recently received the service manual for my KP-41S4U and have been able to adjust all the colours exept for the horizontal blue lines ...........i have been using the service menus but cannot adjust to get it right..............can anyone tell me if i need a new gun to be replace and where i can get one from............has anyone got one...........please help