• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Sony KLVS19A10 buzzing

treefrog

Hi

I've had one of these TV's for a couple of days now and have noticed a slight buzzing sound. suprisingly the buzzing is coming from the speakers(or maybe an internal audio amplifier). If I turn the volume down to zero there is absolute silence anything higher produces the buzz which doesn't appear to increase with the volume. At volume level 1 only the buzz can be heard since the sound from the channel being watched has not yet kicked in. It can be heard from a distance in a quiet room and is quite noticeable when standing in front of the TV. If you stick your ear to the speaker you can't miss it.

I wondered if anybody else had experienced the same symptoms with this model.
Other that this I am very pleased with the performance.

Thanks

mrtbag

If the buzzing isn't constant, and only happens when the sound is on, this would suggest something is being vibrated by the sound. Have you tries hloding the telly down or in a different posistion, just to check it's not a stand/location problem? If it isn't this, I'd get it looked at.

treefrog

mrtbag said:
If the buzzing isn't constant, and only happens when the sound is on, this would suggest something is being vibrated by the sound. Have you tries hloding the telly down or in a different posistion, just to check it's not a stand/location problem? If it isn't this, I'd get it looked at.

Initially I tried holding the chasis to see if that made any difference but the sound is definately coming from the speaker grill even when the sound for the program is inaudible(e.g. at 1). I've noticed when the volume is increased from 0 to 1 there is a small pop sound which implies that something switches on at this point.

charlie1

Standard Member
They all do it well all the "S" range dont know if the V if free of this or not.
If you select "Dynamic sound" it will vanish as it will also with Dolby and Natural.
The only way to get rid with Flat sound is to switch speakers to "permanent off" and use a seperate amp.
This is indeed a strange fault but the Tv is in no way not running to spec..

treefrog

charlie1 said:
They all do it well all the "S" range dont know if the V if free of this or not.
If you select "Dynamic sound" it will vanish as it will also with Dolby and Natural.
The only way to get rid with Flat sound is to switch speakers to "permanent off" and use a seperate amp.
This is indeed a strange fault but the Tv is in no way not running to spec..

Hi

When I first heard the buzzing, I checked the sound settings and it was already set to either natural or dynamic(can't remember which one). I then tried each of the sound settings in turn and all exhibit the same problem.

treefrog

Hi

If anybody does have this TV I'd really like to know if you have the same problem as I will be requesting a replacement today and if it is an inherent problem in the model I could save myself a lot of time.

Thanks

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom