Sony KLVl32M1

S

sgp123

Advice please from anyone that has purchased this set. I took delivery of the set on Wednesday and have been blown away by the quality of the picture. However when changing channels or going to an untuned channel you have a black screen and I can see a faint light in bottom left hand corner of the screen and the top right and a little in the top middle. You don't notice this much when there is a picture but in really dark scenes in a film you can notice it slightly. Is this normal with LCD's as I'm not sure whether to ask for another set?

My Sony KLV-L32M1 TV does not have light areas near any edges when viewing black or blank screens.

I hope this helps.

Now you say you have a great picture what equipment have you got connected to it.?

How good is you signal strength from say Analogue or Sky.

Do you see a fuzz appearance around black text on light backgrounds.?

Post a message if you have any other questions

Try turning down the backlight or if you cannot find a backlight control, the brightness. They are normally set too high when a set is delivered.

-Ian

Today I have actually seen what you are talking about. Mine has a faint light around the far top left edge of the picture. I would say about 2" square moving towards the centre of the screen with less light effect. If the room is dark then this effect is more noticable. A possible cause could be the backlight because when I use the power save mode the light area is greatly reduced. Anybody else with any information. By the way what type of equipment do you have connected to your TV as I am still seeing fuzz around text and people from either RF or SKY signals.

Thanks for that. I have tried turning the backlight down and the problem was still there however the power saving mode helped a great deal. Regarding the equipment, I have a pace cable box and a philips dvd recorder connected to the tv all via profigold pgv7000 scart leads and I don't suffer from any fuzz from text or people. The fuzz normally suggests bad cabling/connection but seems strange that you get it from both scart and rf? what scart cable are you using?

I am using profigold and QED scart leads. Plus a component cable costing £30 which I do not know the name of.

profigold cables have a large coil at both ends just for info.

So you do not have a shimmering or fuzz apperance around text or people, interesting. How about the setup menu from your philips does it display like a second image around the text.

During a normal TV broadcast either SKY or Aerial BBC1 for example,which is showing a colured box with vertical and horizontal coloured lines say 20" in size with 5mm width lines, I don't see solid colour but a saw tooth/jagged apperance of light and dark colour, it's like interference.

I hope someone can help me because if you don't have any problems that I describe what is going on. Cable/connection problems could be right, how to fix them.

I have the KLV-L32M1 since a few months and never had this problem. Biggest issue with today's LCD screens is they're unable to produce a good black (unless they're shut down :) ) but the dark grey should be uniform on your set as it is on mine. Try setting picture quality parameters as in the attached jpg. Remember you will have to do this 6 times : for each of the 5 line inputs and for tv tuner range as this tv set remembers individual parameters. This way you can try to set a slightly higher sharpness for your dvd line input.

Attachments

• settings.jpg
    settings.jpg
    119.6 KB · Views: 282
Thanks Laplace. I will try the new settings tonight.

For info the RF picture on the TV has like a double image around all objects. I think this called ghosting. So very soon I will buy a new aerial such as a DAT75 and see if this corrects the problem on the RF.

Thanks

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom