1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony KLV30HR3

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by sim01, Dec 13, 2004.

1. sim01

sim01
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi,
    what views do you have on this new 30" LCD screen. Is it a good buy?

2. roberte

roberte

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    one big prob with sony is hdmi and dvi connections
    check out other posts on this forum ,
    i am sure picture quality will be v good not sure if this one uses wega technology however many on this forum will point you to toshiba or sharp ahead of this screen for the better connections available.

3. sim01

sim01
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks. It appears that the 30" screen does not apply Sony's full Wega resolution enhancement - unlike the 26" and 32". This seems very odd but this is the nail in the coffin!

4. mike7

mike7

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +503
    This model is apparently launched as one of three newies. The two smaller screens do not have the Wega on board. There is a a 27" model which I will be interested to see. (KLV27HR3). Does this mean that Sony will drop the present 26" which, on the face of it, seems a much better spec. I'm very confused as they are both on the Sony website. I also note from this that some of the current model smaller screens are quoted as being 15:9 why is this?. If I'm buying a widescreen I expect the full monty. I think this may have something to do with where Sony were sourcing their panels from. After all the hype about WEGA, and it is good, why drop it??? I suspect Sony are selling to a price rather than a spec. Your average Joe Bloggs is not going to worry about HDTV so why bother to put interconnects for it.