1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony KLV21SR2 - how to rectify an annoying hum!

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by peter l, Oct 25, 2005.

1. peter l

peter l

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have owned the above for nearly a year, with just one rather annoying feature.

That is a constant hum, particularly noticeable when the sound is muted. More annoying the hum is still there even with the volume level at around 17-20, so when there is a quiter scene in a programme it can be very intrusive.

Does anyone have any idea what might be causing this hum and what I can do to rectify it?

Many thanks.

Peter

2. peter l

peter l

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Surely, someone must have had this problem before?!!

3. thelurch

thelurch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Ive got it on my 40" samsung LCD but after responses to my thread asking if anyone else had it with their samsung I lot of replies but only one person said theirs hum/buzz. I am thinking that LCD humming is quite rare and if you do have an LCD that hums then theres something wrong or you are just unlucky.

By all accounts it may be the power supply but dont quote me on that!

Having read the plasma forum, its a far more common problem on there.

This does not help your problem but did yours buzz from the very start or is it something that has just started recently?

4. peter l

peter l

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks, the hum on mine has been there from the start. Did you manage to rectify the hum on your Samsung?