1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony KLV-L32M1 - connections Help???

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by The Tonester, Apr 13, 2005.

1. The Tonester

The Tonester
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've just take delivery of my new Sony LCD and my new RDRGXD500 DVD recorder with built in freeview and I have a few problems with the set up and hopefully some of you av gods out there can please help. I just want some advise on the best set up in order to achieve the best possible results.

Currently I an connected as follows.

Cable to LCD via Pure Av (£20ish) scart lead to RGB connection 1 on TV.
    - Picture not mind blowing but goodish - expected better to be honest.

DVDR/Freeview to LCD via component (Cheap as chips lead).
    - Picture pretty damn good in both DVD mode and the few freeview channels I do have.

PS2 to LCD via one of those component/scart adaptor thingys.
    - Picture nothing to right home about - tiny bit of blurring on things if you look hard enough.

So my questions are.

1. Is there anyway I can get better PQ via different set up or better leads etc. with the above equiptment.

2. my analogue signal is pap. so we'll discount that straight away but it looks like it's having an effect on my freeview - which is only picking up certain channels - although some are of good quality eg. Sky news etc. I can't even get ITV1 etc....
    My signal strength is at 75% according to the Freeview menu
    Looks like I need to invest in a new good quality ariel??????

3. Can this set up output progressive scan - if so how and with what connections etc?

Sorry for the long post....!

2. Mad Jack

Mad Jack

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +40
    My PS2 came with a composite/scart adaptor (a simple one video, two audio => scart jobbie VMC-91), is that what you meant? If yes, then that would give a pretty poor picture...

I guess the best cable you could use would be a proper PS2 component cable, but I expect you want to leave that socket free for your DVD player, so a PS2 RGB SCART cable would probably be your best bet. I used one of my old PS1 RGB SCART cables... It looks pretty darn good to me. :thumbsup:

3. The Tonester

The Tonester
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for your help mad jack. yeah thats what I've got. I'm certainly no "connection buff " and your quite right the picture is a bit crappy.

I do intend on sticking to the DVD recorder via component as thats giving me the best results, so a PS2 RGB SCART cable would probably be my best bet.

The billy basic ones do an alright job? Seen one for £3.99, worth paying more than that or will there be not much difference?

4. Mad Jack

Mad Jack

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +40
    I've always found buying leads to be a bit of a lottery where price and quality don't always go hand in hand... Maybe at that price it would be worth the risk?! Put it this way; unless it's complete tosh, then it should provide noticeably sharper results than I'd expect from your current connection. Just make sure you plug it into one of the RGB capable SCART sockets (1 or 2).