1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony KLV-L32M1 Connection Problems

Discussion in 'Sony TVs Forum' started by pancake, Jan 30, 2005.

1. pancake

pancake
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can anyone help with a confusing problem i have with connecting my L32M1 up to other equipment:
    Harmon Kardon AVR3500
    Sony VTX-D800
    Pioneer DVD (DV-444)
    Panny Video (NV625)
    The 1st time i connected everything except the digibox as i needed an aerial upgrade. Everything worked fine until i noticed that the DVD was plugged into the scart 3 which is not RGB. When i switched it, i could no longer get any picture or sound from any source. I ended up disconnecting everything in an attempt to get it working but did not succeed.
    My aerial was upgraded the next day & when we just plugged the digibox in, i got a signal again (analogue & digital). After chatting to the aerial guy, he suggested plugging one piece in at a time to see if i could isolate the problem. The 1st one i tried was the DVD - making sure i linked it to the scart3 input as this was the one that had worked originally - & the picture/sound disappeared again!
    I disconnected everything, including all power cables, but can't get it working. The local dealer i bought it from are being helpful & their engineer is coming out tomorrow to check it over.
    Currently, it's all plugged into my 12 year-old Philips crt & working fine! I'm no expert, but this is just bizarre, as well as frustrating.
    Any suggestions welcome.

2. jimsan

jimsan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    The engineer is right. One thing at a time.

Connect your DVD player to Ext2 not Ext3. Ext3 is the crummy one you use for the VCR, Ext's 1 & 2 should be the RGB ones which you'll need for the DVD player and your Digibox.

Anyway, DVD to Ext2. Does it work? Check the output settings on the DVD and ensure it is outputting RGB video. As you say, everything works OK on your old telly, which doesn't sound promising for the Sony.

Jimmy

3. pancake

pancake
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the suggestion. Plugged it into ext2 & checked the output signal was RGB. Still nothing (& they say LCD's can't do black very well)!

I'm hoping for a miracle cure from the engineer tomorrow, otherwise it's going back pronto.....

4. Garp

Garp
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have to use EXT3 as my old Sony DAVs300 plugs into KLV-L32m using S-Video via an adapter. Digibox will go in 2 and PS2 in 1.If anyone knows a better way for my to set my system up can you please let me know.