1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony KLV-L32M1 can Component input be converted to dvi/hdmi

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by spergabite, Oct 18, 2004.

1. spergabite

spergabite
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ive got my eye on this tv in debenhams - its going for £2030 including a free sony dvd recorder and 3 years warranty and also 24 months interest free credit - most tempting however it only has rgb s-vid and component - it says that it is hi def compatible however will i able to input/converter a dvi into the component inputs - i think the answer is no but i would like some confirmation if anyone knows... thanks in advance

2. Rob20

Rob20

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +354
    Sorry, I'm a bit confused. What connections have the dvd and tv got. Can you explain again how you'd like to connect the dvd to tv. :confused:

3. spergabite

spergabite
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    future dvd player will have hdmi or dvi - lcd tv has component inputs...

4. Bob Todd

Bob Todd
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +373

future DVi players will have component inputs too, the process would involve u converting an analogue component signal to digital.

u might as well stick with component

5. Rob20

Rob20

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +354
    I can see absolutely no point in buying a dvd player with a digital video output, (hdmi/dvi), only then to buy an lcd/plasma that only has a component input. The whole point of having a digital video connection is that it removes the need to convert the signal from digital - analogue - back to digital, (which you want to avoid as this will result in an element of picture degredation). As component only carries an analogue signal, this is exactly what would have to happen. With an hdmi lead the path is digital from your dvd player to your lcd/plasma.

It seems to me that almost all the upcoming new lcd tvs will have hdmi or dvi. Unfortuantly I was unaware of this when I bought my Tosh 26" wl46 a couple of months ago. If I'd known I'd certainly have waited for a digital connection. Look at Toshiba's new 32" WL48 set for less than £1,300. Or if you're the patient type, wait till 2005 when Sony's bound to have a new range of sets with the digital video connection.